Flames (Prologue)

A/N: You're free to skip this chapter, and move onto the next one, if ya already read the OneShot Version of this.
Although, I've rewritten a lot of the details

TW: Third Degree Burns, Manipulation, Toxic Mindset & Hostage Situation.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Standing by one another, the bodies were illuminated by the moon's light. The shadows cast on the red-dyed
tiled floor were reminiscent of the people that made them, although one looked more menacing than the other, but was hardly noticed.

"Aww, What a shame, I...was looking forward to spending the entire night with you" Speaking bluntly, The noble's tone was laced with disappointment and lack of sympathy for the brunette's situation at the dark- auburn, individual, regarding their sudden request to leave.

Days prior, They were having the time of there life, qcting like children, and chasing each other in the long hallways, of the Imperial Palace.

The memory, of giving into the moment, and shyly leaning in, the two sharing a short yet endearing kiss, and dancing the night away, staring deeply to those chestnut eyes, was still burnt in the back of the Prince's head.

The night was filled with love and laughter but sadly, It was always cut short as the clock stuck at midnight.

For this night, They were chit-chatting, about the tales of Sun Wukong, even when Red Son, himself never enjoyed grand stories of his nemesis, to the point where he loathed it as it made a dent in his father's honor. He, couldn't stop the fiery passion that his beloved was showing, when narrating each new tale.

It soon shifted to the story of Cinderella, He heard the original tale, so numerous of times, but never have heard the more westernized version.

The Imperial Prince, was drawn in the story.

He has yet to hear, whether or not the, Fair Maiden was rescued bg her prince, nearing the end of the story telling, It abruptly ended, when the clock hit midnight hour, not giving him a conclusive outcome.

In the version, when he was told as a Child. The story, would end up, in a 'tragic' downfall, so only assumed the worse.

"What can I say? This kid got some plans. It was nice talking to you though"
The young adult, with olive-hue skin, only shook his head, at his acquaintance's petty reaction, meeting him only two moons ago, so couldn't call Red Son a friend yet, much less, more than that.

If Red could hear their thoughts, about just being an acquaintance and barely even a friend, He'd be in total dismay.

A sad smile formed on the brunette's lips and placed their palm on his shoulder, giving it a light pat, that may or may not have sent shivers done the pale demon's spine.

Aside from that, MK, never realise how
comfy, and smooth, the fabric was, of the Prince's deep crimson hanfu; an elegant set of robes with colors that was gradient shades of red and, with golden lining to make it pop out. The softness of the clothing was a huge contrast from the MK's hand that was rough on the palms, due to all the laborous work, from all the jobs, he was in before settling down, in a noodle shop.

"Don't worry, Red Boy. We'll meet again someday"

Though, The heir to the Demon Bull Clan didn't approve of being called, his old title.

He'd make an exception, for Monkie Kid, it was an odd name indeed, the older demon couldn't help but question if this was a nickname or an alias. Either way, That wasn't his main concern.