Chapter 1! Swimming

(Sorry If The Grammer Sucks, I have dyslexia!!)

(Also I drew the drawing above/cover)

It Was the last day Of camp campbell! The Sun was Shining, and David Was setting up a last day activity. Near the lake, Many floaties Were sitting For the campers

"Ah, Smell That fresh Mountain Air!" A Redhead counselor Positively States.

   Sitting On a log nearby, Writing In a small Book was This Man's Work partner, and friend.

"Uh-huh" she says, Scribbling away In Her Grey notebook.

David Takes a deep Breath, Savoring this moment.

"Such A shame that We have to Go away for the summer! Don't You think Gwen?" The man asked the Girl.

Gwen Looks at The man With a seriously? look On Her face.

"David, yesterday You got
mauled by a squirl, And You STILL wish to stay?".  She remarks sarcastically, "Man Do I envy You"

David crossed His arms And gave A small pout. "Its not the squirls fault That Neil Set of the fireworks! That poor little buddy was probably just scared.", He declared.

4th Of July was not a good time to Do science camp.

  He had to give a long lecture to Neil, as to Why You shouldn't set off homade fireworks in a forest.

Then He let out A sigh. " I suppose I'll just miss You and the kiddos! They Have all gone a pretty far way since the beginning of camp." He stated. "Eccspecially Max!", He added With an akward smile.

Gwen gave a sad smile back "Ha I guess so. They may be little assholes," She states giving an eye roll. " but Spending a summer with them can get You attatched.", She adds with A small laugh

"Speaking of the kiddos, We should Probably Go tell them what we are doing today!" David happily states, With way to much positivity.

He then Rambles about Different Times The Mini demons set the Camp on fire, as they walk near the camp

......

The sun is shining and The air smells of Nature. A bird chirps a song, but is interrupted By the loud scream of an 11 year old.

"Hello Campers!" David shouts with enthusiasm in his voice, Trying to drown the screaming of One of the "campers" He likes so much. Harrison had Tried to make Nikki Dissappear,  and while doing so only got her left braid.

The screaming was not of Nikki But of Nerris, Who was going to use her hair to cast A protection spell.

"No, no, no! Now the dragons will strike us down in there fury!" They cry In fear and agony.

David Looks to the terrified child, And Clears His throat.

"Anyways campers, As You all know today is the last day Of camp campbell! I know You will all miss The camp activities, So I set up The lake to Swim In!"

This caught the children's ears, as they all started Running to the large body of water, Happy that the last activity was actually fun.

....

Sitting Down At the Edge of the water Was Max. He Had not taken Off His Yellow T-shirt, And Was just sitting.

  David Had Known The child long enough To also Know the young Boy Cannot swim. For this reason, He questioned Nothing Of the child's resistance to Go in the water.

David watched As The children Started Swimming In circles, Attempting to Make A wirl pool.

He then Heard Gwen Laugh As Space Kid Tried to Go underwater, But couldn't Because of Their Helmet.

He then Glanced At Max Who Sat, Bored out of his mind to the point He actually was Working on Something. A small Sandcastle Stood in front of the Child.

David, Finding it nice that Max Put His work into Something, even If it was A disfigured Sandcastle, Watched from The sides.

David walked up to Max And Sat Beside Him on the sand. "Hey there kiddo! What are You working on?" He asks, Trying to start up a conversation.

Max Looks at The camp counselor And then At the small sand Tower.

He Stood Up, And then kicked The Mess Of what was supposed to Be a sand castle. It would Look Cool, Or sorrowful In a way. But Instead Half of the sand castle stayed, Making It just look Dumb.

But David being David, Had a peice of Him die A little on the inside. "Aaw, What a shame. It seemed You worked hard On-" Before He could continue Max had Dissappeared.

David thinking He probably Just went to Camp, Didn't mind as there wasn't much to Do when You couldn't swim.

He let out A great Sigh. Maybe this activity wasn't the smartest Idea? Max is probably Upset that He can't Spend His Time with His friends On the Last Day.

The guilt had suddenly struck Him when He realized that Max Was being left out. He decides to walk over to Gwen And Say that They may want to change plans.

As He was walking He pondered different Ideas As To what they would do now. Many Camp Activities were Already Packed Up, Like the craft supplies And Toys.

••••••

David Gets over to Gwen And sits beside Her. She Is reading A Thin Magazine That Has Shirtless werewolf men On the cover.

"Hey Gwen?" David starts "I think we may Need a change of plans"

Gwen Looks At Him with Her Eyebrow raised, Annoyed.
"And Why is That?"

David continues. "I know We already Have Everything Planned in all.. But I don't believe that This is fair to All of The kids. Since Max doesn't Know How to swim and all."

Gwen Sighs

"Your Right. Even Though this will Suck It would Only be fair to reschedule." She replies In A Tired voice, Slightly Upset at the sudden change of plans.

David Smiles, Glad That She understood.

----

Woo-hoo! We are done with the first Chapter. This had 990 words :333.