2- I am Selene

My name is Selene. And I am named after the goddess of the moon. 

This my father always reminds me, usually in the form of, 'Hi, Moon Goddess', or some other whatnot as soon as I come home from school. He says my mother was the moon. This I can not believe.

Why is he so passionate about that? Don't ask me, I don't know.

I have dark, serious eyes, brown hair, and naturally dark turquoise coloured fingernails. People often compliment me on them.

I have this special connection with water. Again, don't ask me, I don't know why.

You see, when I was born, I was born on a full moon. I have no memory of who delivered me, but I remember this: when I came into this world, I held out my hands, and water surrounded me. 

Most babies cry as soon as they come out of their mother's body, but as for me, the water made me do the opposite. 

I was born laughing and stretching out my hands as the crystal clear water sent from heaven swirled in glittering patterns around me, sometimes skittishly nudging and completely drenching me from head to toe against my will, sometimes leaving me shivering.

I'm quite used to this already, however. I put up with this every day.

But of course, water magic does come with its perks. Are you bored of hand washing the usual way? Yes? Then hold your hands up and let the water flow from the tap and soak your hands in a relaxing massage, but only after checking nobody is watching you. Being caught will not be a pleasant experience for sure. Well. Unless you think being kept in a zoo along with other 'freaks' is a pleasant experience. Which you probably don't.

My twin was the only person in the world who ever knew my secret. Her name was Artemis. She also had magic, but instead it was the power to imitate others' magic (but not as well as the original, and only for short periods of time.

 We once tried to make a mini tornado out of water. It... didn't work well, long story short. We nearly got caught by our father, but luckily Artemis managed to cover the tornado with laundry as soon as we heard his falling footsteps approaching, rendering it impossible to spot (unless you looked closely), just in the nick of time. Back then we didn't know how to control our powers. 

Now? There's no 'we' about it anymore.

Artemis disappeared when we were just nine (right now I am thirteen). I cried for days on end, mourning her loss. But then I found a note on my bed. 

Find your mother, find your destiny, and I will be saved.

I am determined to find my mother, and who I am supposed to be. I know she is not the moon, and a real person. And if I find my mother, I will finally find out who I am meant to be. And my destiny. If I find them I find my sister.

Listen. I'm not going to say that my heart has in any way recovered from her loss. But it will heal if I find the missing half of my family.

And I will never give up. Not until I find Artemis. Not until I find her. She, who I'd had for half of my life, suddenly torn away by the cruel world before us and our lives. (Like, why us?)

But then...

I will finally be complete.