✮.*・。゚NO WAY ✮.*・。゚

" no way. i refuse to believe that fucking tommy is my roommate." i whisper-shouted under my breath after i shut the door. i whipped my phone out of my pocket and punched in julie's number.

" hello ma-" her voice began once she picked up, but was interrupted by me.
" hi! what did you say my new roommate's name was again?" i tried to sound as calm as possible, but didn't succeed due to how fast i was speaking.
" oh. let me look.." the sound of rustling paper was heard through the phone speaker. " his name is thomas!"

of course! thomas. tommy is short for thomas. you've got to be kidding me. i thanked julie and hung up the phone.

taking a deep breath, i opened the door to see tommy patiently standing there, holding a container with cookies inside.

" oh hello! i'm your new roommate tomm- wait.. mae?" he said, realising who i was.
" yep, that's me. come inside." i sighed, opening the door wider. he hesitated before stepping inside my apartment.

" so uh.." he began, but didn't seem to have anything else to say.
" you can put your shoes there," i said, gesturing to the shoe rack by the door. tommy quietly thanked me. " your room is this way, the sheets are clean. uh, tell me if you there's anything else you need."

tommy entered the room and complimented me on the decor. " i bought these cookies as a thank you for letting me stay here. i - uh- i hope you like them." tommy softly smiled, holding out the container. i continued to not make eye contact with him. " thank you." i said quietly taking the container out of his hands, and leaving his room, closing the door behind me.

✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚

" no way, tommy is your roommate!" bill laughed on the call.
" shut up! for god's sake you're so loud!" i lectured, aware of how i now shared a wall with tommy's room. i grabbed my headphones out of my desk drawer and plugged them into my phone.
" there. you can talk as loud as you want now." i said quietly, putting the earbuds into my ears.
" i can't believe this! have you talked to him, is he nicer to you in really life, has he apologised to you yet?" bill rushed.
" bill! calm down. no, he hasn't apologi-" i was interrupted by a knock at the door.
" hold on, i'll call you back in a bit." i said, hanging up before he had the chance to say anything.

i opened my bedroom door to see tommy holding his hand up to knock again.
" oh- sorry." he put his hand back to his side, smiling awkwardly
" oh so you do know how to apologise?" i sarcastically said.
" what?" tommy said, looking slightly hurt. for a moment, i felt guilty for snapping.
" nevermind, what do you want?" i replied. i didn't mean for it to sound so rude, but as soon as the words left my mouth they sounded very mean.

" oh, i was wondering if you have any allergies." he said.
" why do you want to know that?" i answered. again, i didn't plan to sound so mean.
" well, i can't tell you." what does he mean by he can't tell me? this guy is odd.
" alright. well, i don't have an allergies but i am vegetarian." i forced a small smile.

" great! i'll be back soon." he said before walking away. what was that about?
i closed my door and sat down on my bed again, calling bill back.

✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚

i decided to post a quick picture on instagram seeing as i hadn't posted in a while.

mae 💗 @itsmae
💓🍓⭐️💐

comments

bill @billzo_
ur so cool 🤭
—> mae 💗 @itsmae
you are right billzo! everybody should totally go follow my twitch using the link in my bio! 😋

load more comments

✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚

tommy knocked on my door again.
" come in!" i shouted from my comfortable spot on my beanbag.
" hi, can you come here." he said.
" what?" i replied, confused.
" please, i know you don't trust me , but please just try! i promise it's nothing bad." he pleaded.

i stood up and slid my phone in my back jean pocket. i walked over so that i was standing next to him.
" can i put my hands over your eyes?" he asked.
i was honestly very confused, but nodded anyway.
he gently placed his hand on my face to cover my eyes. his hand was surprisingly soft. he began to guide me into the main room of the apartment.

tommy laughed out of nowhere.
" what is it?" i asked, furrowing my eyebrows.
" nothing, you just blinked and your eyelashes tickled my hand." he said, i could hear a smile in his voice. i couldn't help but smile back, maybe this guy wasn't that bad.

" now just sit here.." he said, guiding me to sit on one of the kitchen chairs. " and.."
" voila!" he exclaimed, moving his hand away from my eyes.
i gasped out of surprise as my eyes adjusted to the light of the kitchen. in front of me sat my favourite meal, spaghetti bolognese. tommy sat himself down across from me as i stared in awe at the glorious meal.

" that's why i asked you what your allergies were! i went out to get some ingredients from tescos to make it for you! it's all from scratch!" he grinned, seeming quite proud of himself, taking a breath before continuing.

" i called bill while i was there because i wasn't sure what your favourite meal was. i figured he would know because he's your best friend and all. then was the task of figuring out which brand of vegetarian mince was for the sauce, i got the richmond one, i hope you like-" he rambled.

" thank you so much." i said , stopping his mini speech. and for the first time ever, i made eye contact with him.

his eyes were beautiful.