Act 4 - Chapter 8

Chapter 43: Oaraun; Shauran 46th; 344SR; 3:30

Oaraun's foot dragged back over the angled shard of the Necropolis stuck into the ground, it was a piece of a bridge. The divine being breathed in as he raised his greatsword up, his arm tired from constantly swinging. His shoulders and legs, despite being healed, still felt the damage from every attack he had taken already. 'I still have my Spirit Bloom for just a bit longer... He doesn't...' Ajal was slouched over, all three eyes weakly fixed on Oaraun. The off-worlder breathed out as he stood low with his right fist tucked in, and his left fist in front of him.

'He has to be on his last legs... I need to finish him off... But I can't underestimate him... His hand-to-hand combat is something to watch out for, he's much faster and has more power to his strikes...' The empty plain of land between Andurill and the bridge to Kamino was filled with similar chunks and pieces of debris. Long shadows were cast over the hills of grass by the setting sun. Ajal stood in front of a deep fissure in the ground Oaraun had cut. The tiny slivers of the orange sky were slowly consumed by a somber dark blue. Drips of embers fell from the sky, illuminating patches of grass with green flames.

"To envy is merely the way of Grelt, you think you can stop it!" Oaraun roared as he dashed off the edge of the brick platform.

 Ajal didn't move. 'He's not arming himself?'

"Imperial Battle Arts," Ajal whispered, he rolled incredibly low to dodge the greatsword.

'Did he use the shadow to-' Ajal suddenly jumped while his back was turned and spun, swinging the back of both his feet around.

"Axe!" Ajal roared as he smashed the back of his feet into Oaraun's skull helmet, cracking the left side.

"Ah!" Oaraun gritted his teeth as Ajal landed on his palms.

"Piston!" said Ajal.

Ajal pushed off the ground and pressed both feet into Oaraun's stomach. 'Rgh!' His vision blurred, 'I've taken too much damage-' Oaraun reached forward, grabbing Ajal's head and pulling him into the air. Oaraun stepped forward and slammed Ajal head-first into the ground, however, he slipped into the shadow before taking damage. 

'His abilities are being used more often... Is it because of the shadows-'

Ajal pounced out of the shadows behind Oaraun and ran up his armor to quickly clutch the spikes on his shoulder. Oaraun reached up and tried to grab him, but couldn't. Ajal slammed his knee into the back of Oaraun's massive head, cracking the other side of the helmet and smashing it off. Oaraun's left face was exposed to the cold breeze and his sweat dropped from his forehead. 'Pest! Jealous... Flame!' A stream of green flames shot out of Oaraun's armor, burning Ajal's hands and torso.

"Urgh!" Ajal grunted as he jumped back, pulling the twelve-foot slayer down. "Imperial battle arts!"

Ajal fell back into the shadow cast against the flames, and Oaraun's back crashed into the green stone. 'He uses the environment better than me!' Ajal ran out of the shadow cast on the sharp edge of the necropolis, lunging forward with a single step and both of his hands above his head.

"Hammer!" Ajal grunted as he smashed his clasped fists into Oaraun's head.

Ajal grabbed Oaraun using his calves, he reached for the ground and pulled Oaraun with him. Ajal's fingers dug into the dirt and held tightly, he flexed with all his strength and flipped Oaraun overhead. 'Huh-'

"Wrench!" Ajal yelled.

"Agh!" Oaraun was slammed face-first into the dirt, and Ajal slipped back into the shadows.

'What the hell?! Is his body mass even close to mine... He can throw me like that even when I'm in Spirit Bloom- With just his core and leg strength?!' Oaraun was feeling his spirit deplete as he pushed himself up on all fours, he clenched his fist. The grass ruffled as two light thumps came from behind, Oaraun quickly rose and turned to the sound.