[CHAPTER 8]

"Come out, come out, wherever you are!~" A voice echoed throughout the woods

A child could be seen hiding behind a tree, hiding from whatever was chasing them in the dark.

They covered their mouth and tried to keep as still as possible as they saw a creature with tentacles squirming out of it's body, walking around the woods.

It was after them.

When the creature turned around, they ran away, but the creature heard the rustling of the grass and followed behind them. "There you are."

The creature quickly caught up to the child and used their tentacle to chop the child's leg off.

The child fell to the floor and cried in pain as blood began to shoot out of what remained of their leg.

The creature pulled out a piece of their arm and it turned into a blob which put itself over the wound.

However, the child was still screaming in pain, making the creature chuckle.

After a couple minutes of non-stop screaming, the child attempted to crawl away. Which failed.

But then, their nose began to bleed.

The creature tilted their head at the blood, but then noticed the THING that had awakened inside of the child.

The child's leg instantly regrew and they stood up attempting to run away.

Of course, the creature was still faster.

But when it caught up with the child, a white cocoon-like formation began to grow from the ground.

The creature stabbed the child in the forehead with their forehead tentacle and began to absorb the child, but it didn't stop the two from getting encased within a cocoon.

[A Year Later]

The cocoon shattered, leaving nothing but a crater on the floor, and a creature which resembled a human. But the human had emotionless eyes.

The human examined itself, as if it was confused.

But obviously, it wasn't since it had no emotions.

The creature looked around with it's dull, grey eyes. Then it began to walk away from where it hatched.

It explored the woods, and ate anything it needed to.

Unlike humans, this creature had inhuman capabilities.

It could kill an elephant with a couple of punches.

It could run faster than a cheetah.

It could go for months without food and water.

If any ordinary human woke up one day and had these abilities, they'd probably be confused, but they would slowly get used to them over time.

But not this being.