[CHAPTER 9]

[Green Home Apartments]

A few days after the attack...

"We're taking back the parking lot." Hyuk Lee states with a serious face.

"What?" Jisu replies with a confused face.

"I've been studying things on the security cameras for the past few days, it seems like there are only three monsters down there." Hyuk explains.

"You expect us to fight three completely unknown monsters at once?" Jisu questioned with a serious face. "Are you trying to get us killed?"

"Unfortunately, we don't have a choice." Hyuk sighs.

Jisu then turns to Hyuk with an angered expression, "Don't you dare use Hyun as a shield or I'll break your goddamn nose this time."

"Hey, easy there... you really need to chill out, lady." Dusik said with a worried face.

"You two sure look out for each other."

"We've been through a lot together..." Jisu sighed.

"You know... you're a lot like Maria." Hyuk said with a smile and a laugh.

"What?" Jisu narrowed her eyes at Hyuk.

"Never mind." Hyuk looked down again, "Anyway... I am going to have to use Hyun for something."

Jisu closed her eyes as she trembled in rage, "You little son of a..."

"In fact, I already did." Hyuk turned around. "Right?"

The three also turn their heads to see Hyun standing in the hallway holding a gasoline canister.

He lifted it up and sighed, "This is what you wanted, correct? The gasoline the security guard left."

"Where are the kids?" Hyuk asked with a smile.

Hyun replied, "Right here."

Hyuk and Jisu walk up to the doorway to see the two kids and Yuri safe on the first floor.

"So, what's the gasoline for?" Jisu questioned with curiosity.

"I noticed something while I was watching the cameras." Hyuk replied. "He left a gasoline container on the 15th floor before he came down to the first floor."

"He must have left it behind because it made the elevator too heavy to operate..." Dusik explained. "He must've been planning on setting the building on fire. That goddamn monster."

"We stopped by the 15th floor and picked it up on our way to the 14th floor." Hyuk explained.

"So, gasoline, huh..?" Jisu mutters under her breath.

"You know what one of the monsters' only weakness is, right?" Hyuk then turns to Hyun, "Alright, so for this mission, we'll have Hyun, Wook, Jisu, Mr. Ahn, and... Yuri: the goddess."