1

You were never really that self confident as a teenager, being a loner throughout middle school and the first years in highschool as well. You kept to yourself most of the time, only talking to quite a few people in school and even out of school. It was your 11th year in a shit hole called highschool. The date was June 23rd, 1 week and 1 day before  you became a senior. 

June 23rd, 1983

I woke up lousily again around 12:13 PM and did my usual routine. I have been sleeping alarmingly late since I have been overworking myself with the guitar. Every night until 2 am i practice my electric guitar for weeks end. I was super passionate with it, it was super soothing to my soul and shit. Today was a very "special" day, i turned 18 today and of course Liv insisted on going to a party. I absolutely hated parties but I would only go for her. 

She has been my best friend for years now, our relationship was very important to me so it was the least i could do. Liv got drunk 99% of the time, me being the driver all the time. I straightened my dark hair and put my heavily smudged eyeliner and mascara on, also putting on a black venom crop top and a torn up pair of baggy jeans. The last part; accessories, I grabbed my favorite set of rings and a skeleton necklace. I was ready to go, I admired myself in the mirror for a bit, it was crazy how confident you can get with small things like this. Just then, I heard a doorbell ring downstairs. 

Thats Probably her

"Y/N LIV IS HERE!" Emmy yells from downstairs. 

"OKAY IM COMING DOWN GIVE ME A SECOND!!" I yelled back 

I grabbed my favorite bottle of perfume and sprayed it all over myself, taking in the sweet scent while grabbing my purse and closing my bedroom door. 

"Hey Y/N! Happy 18th Birthday love" Liv gave me a warm hug, she smelled like flowers. She always did. She handed me a big bag decorated with black sparkles. 

"Oh girl, you really didn't have to" I smiled at her, giving her another hug. 

"What are you waiting for?! open it!" she shooed me to the bag. I laughed a bit as i opened the bag she gave me. I gasped as I took out a beautiful black laced crop top and a Misfits leather jacket with a new bottle of my favorite perfume. I gave her a big smile, truly thankful for her. 

"I'm going to wear the top and the jacket." I tried to go upstairs but got pulled back by Liv as she dragged me down the few steps again

"Oh fuck no, you're always wearing baggy jeans, a shirt, or a crop top and thats rare. Every time you do wear it, its always over a goddamn jacket. Y/N babe your body is beautiful, its good to show it off sometimes you know? It's your 18th birthday, you should feel free and mature. Plus, the party is at James' so ya'know, Kirk is going to be there" She gave me a cheeky smirk and nudged my shoulder a bit. 

I sighed "Liv you always ship me with him, we don't even talk and plus why would he like someone like me?" I shrugged, giving her a judgmental look. 

"Why wouldn't he? both of you guys are dorks, in a good way of course. And plus i caught him staring at you one time in Calculus. And don't even go there, I'm surprised no guy has ever asked you out, you're gorgeous and so fun to be around with." She teased me with her eyebrows. 

I got flustered a bit at her compliments, it was nice that I had such a good friend like her. "It's probably my style" I mumbled. 

"Shut the fuck up your style is amazing. Still, go change right now and you better not wear that jacket over it Y/N i swear to god." she yelled at me as i made my way upstairs once again. 

I closed my door as I got changed into the crop top she gave me. It actually looked good on me, the lacy bows defining my body perfectly. I came down the stairs with gasps from Liv.

"Oh bae all the guys will be drooling after you, you look so goddamn good." she laughed, checking out my outfit. 

I smiled at her as I grabbed my car keys and we headed out the door. I had a giddy feeling for some reason, I just felt like something good was going to happen.