Mistress and Murder

"Debbie you can't tell Cherie and Stevie I'm their father."

"Why not Lou, because of your precious wife or because of her inheritance?" Debbie gritted her teeth.

"Yes, Debbie, you know this already, her depression is getting pretty bad, she can only go downhill from here, maybe she will finally do it this time, I've been waiting for years, just hold of all little longer," Lou stood up from behind his desk and ran his hand through his hair, "look just hold off a little longer, if she doesn't killer herself, I will help her out, make it look like an accident, there are ways Debbie."

Debbie let her head hang and she squeezed her eyes shut, crossing her arms she said, "I have waited patiently for you for 18 years Lou. How much longer? Just do it already."

Lou walked up to her wrapping one arm around her waist and lifting her chin to him with his other hand, "I'll make it happen, soon, I promise."

Giving a heavy sigh Debbie nodded and turned to leave, her lunch break was up, she needed to get back to work.

***

As promised Lou met with Jean that evening and did everything he promised to do over the texts they had exchanged, soon after he left his phone dinged with an incoming text,  she was already messaging to meet him again in a few days.

***

"Jean open the door!" he arms were full, "Jean!" She yelled again, dropping the bags she was holding on to on the porch, Susie took out her key and unlocked the door she picked up the bags again walking inside she placed them on the table.

"Jean, are you upstairs?" Susie called again, no answer, she opened the door to Jeans bedroom, and sat on the bed next to Jean to wake her up.

Susie jumped away and gasped in shock, slowly getting close again, "Jean?" She was cold, she wasn't breathing, she quickly checked for her phone, it wasn't in her pocket she must of left it in the car and Jeans phone was also gone.

***

Lou watched the red and blue light flashing from where he was parked at end of the street, he watched as they wheeled out a body in a body bag and Jeans sister Susie was talking to the cops.

Lou drove away, "What the fuck happened to Jean?" he ran one hand through his hair as he talked to himself, he had just talked to her a few days ago, they agreed on meeting again tonight. Pulling into the driveway of his home he walked in and immediately smelled the food cooking .

"Diana?" he asked walking into the kitchen.

"Lou, honey, your home, I will have dinner on the table in a few minutes, go ahead and freshen up. I'll set the table," Diana smiled brightly at him.

"Yeah, ok." He watched as his wife moved around the kitchen making supper and humming happiness to herself, she wore a bright sundress and makeup, something she had not done in weeks.

She wasn't supposed to be getting better, Lou locked the bathroom door behind him, he opened the mirror cabinet and took the pills, he had made sure to replace her pills, why wasn't it working.  His knuckles turned white as he restrained himself from punching the mirror and making it shatter into a million pieces.

***

Cherrie slowly opened the window to her room and snuck inside, she yelped as her mother flicked the light on.

"What the hell is going on Cherie? It's two in the morning? Where were you? Doing drugs? Drinking? Having sex? You better not end up pregnant." Deborah questioned her angrily.

"I was out with friends mom, chill, it just got late?" Cherie said.

Deborah grabbed her arm pulling on her and shaking her violently, "you reek of alcohol? Where you out there drinking and doing drugs?" She asked again yanking her arm more.