What happens now?

What happens now? What should he do, he had though about it for a long time and he knew there were only a few options, he would never do anything to compromise his mother Diana. He had to find them and see what they were doing, where they were,if they lived with any sort of regret. He knew he was hoping for to much, he remembered the way his biological mother treated him, there was never any love that came from that woman, none that was directed to him in way anyway. They had certainly never looked for him or came back for him, he really didn't know if he might have gone with his mother if she came looking for him,  it was after all the only form of affection he knew and at that time he believed that his mother loved him, but maybe Diana would have never let him go, she had enough to blackmail them with. He was grateful for his mother Diana.

***

Steve parked across the house where he had tracked Lou and Deborah, it was late, the sun had set already and he could see the lights were still on inside the house.

He watched the shadow of a small figure walk across one of the windows. As the house went dark one room at a time he decided he would come back the next day.

He drove to a nearby hotel, where he stayed under a presumed name, as advised by his mother in order to not leave any record of him being there and he wore a hat and sunglasses and avoided being seen and use cash only. Steve couldn't sleep for more than a couple of hours, he threw the covers of the motel bed aside and went to take a shower before he went back to where his biological parents lived.

***

He drove slowly and parked near the house, it was still dark out, but the soon would begin to rise soon. He waited in his car until he saw a light flicker on and he saw movement in the house.

***

He waited and watched, first he saw Lou, his father, he saw him stall at the door waiting for something, he watched him smile as he saw a child that was maybe about 6 years old, she hugged his waist and Lou crouched down to hug and kiss her before he walked away. Then Steve saw his mother Deborah, he took the girls hand and waved goodbye to Lou, she still had the same stern face he remember.

Steve clenched his jaw and his grip tighten on the steering wheel until his knuckles turned white.

Had they ran away only to start a new family without him, is this the reason why they had murdered Cherie? They had gotten in their way?

Did they think they could do this just kill his sister and live a normal life, they even had another kid during that time.

He knew what he had to do.

***

Steve opened the door, "Mom?" He called.

Diana stepped out of the kitchen, "Steve, your back, did you..."

"I...saw them," he handed the file to his mother, it's true they...they have another child together, Lucy Turner, that's the surname they go by now."

Diana walked around the kitchen counter and leaned a hip on it, "What is it that your are planing on doing?"

"We have two options here mom, we can either bring it to light, you have all the evidence and we can put them in jail, but I think there would be to many unanswered questions and they might start looking into it, it will all just be to suspicious..., or we can take care of this ourselves and Lucy, well, would you be willing to take her in like you did me? Maybe it's time to get in touch with some of those old contacts now, make it look like an accident."

Diana thought about it for a second, "I think your right it would be suspicious for something to come up after so many years and their would certainly be questions and suspicion. I am willing to take that child in in a heart beat, I can call my contact tomorrow."