Dad?

###trigger warning, drugs use.###

Cheri locked the door behind her after Candi left. She put her bags on the floor next to the bed, she kicked her legs up and lay on top of the bed and closed her eyes trying to fall asleep. The bedroom was surprisingly clean, but she didn't know how clean the bed was, but she didn't bother to change her clothes or get under the covers, it was just to damn hot. She heard her phone beep, warning her that her phone battery was low and needed to be charged, she got out of bed and put her bag on the bed, rummaging through her bag to look for her phone charger.

She came back empty handed after a while, nothing, "shit, I forgot my charger," setting her bag back on the floor she curled up on the bed and closed her eyes.

***

Cherie was awoken up startled by the pounding that came from behind the locked door.

"Cherie? Wake up." Candis voice came from the other side of the door.

"Coming," Cherie said wiping the sleep from her eyes, opening the door, Candi stood next to a burly looking man with a long beard and a leather vest. Cherie knew it was the local gang, they were usually seen in this part of town.

"Cherie, this is Tank," she paused as if in thought, "my boss," she turned to Tank, "this is the girl I was telling you about, she said she ain't got no one and nowhere to go."

Cherie spoke up, "I'm actually going to go see my dad right now."

Tank spoke this time, "well you can't be coming and going here, I don't want to see you here unless your here to stay," he turned to Candi, "Make sure next time Candi, last time I tell you this, don't be so fucking stupid," he looked angry but stalked away without another word.

"Thanks for getting me in trouble kid," she turned away, but stopped herself, without looking back at Cherie she said, "if you change your mind I'll be at the truck stop tonight, but don't come back if it's not for good, Tank don't play around and I don't feel like being taught a lesson," she paused again and gave a sigh, "if you want to be one of his girls, you know where to find me," Candi finally walked away.

***

Cherie stood in front of the large factory buildings, she walked up the security guard, "I'm...I'm here to see Lou Davis," she said.

"Sign in, here," he said pointing at the paper.

Cherie took the pen and signed in under a different name, she didn't want her mom finding out.

"Where do I go?" She asked the security guard.

He pointed at the large building that was lined along with three other buildings, "that building is where the offices are, you will find Lou Davis in there."

"Thanks," Cherie said walking towards the buildings.

She walked into the building, there were several people at their desks answering phones and doing things on computers. Cherie froze and looked around.

"Who are you looking for hon?" an older lady asked her.

"I'm looking for Lou Davis," Cherie answered.

"Go down that hallway and third door to the left," the older lady pointed a boney finger down the hallway behind her.

"Ok, thanks."

"Hmm," the older woman said turning back to her work.

Cherie took a deep breath, it looked like a long hallway, she took small cautious steps as she walked down the hallway.

Cherie finally stood in front of the closed door with the name plaque that read Lou Davis, she tapped on the door so softly that it was barely audible.