✿ ☁︎ Dream ☁︎ ✿ || Be Safe, Clay. ||

imjustafrikinhuman ....... that title remind you of anything?

Warnings : Blood, Slight Gore, Violence

Category : Angst & Fluff

Idea :
Author - @novacaticn
Book - Dream Team Oneshots
Chapter - Cottagecore ; pt 2
Go check out their work! <3
(To the author : If you'd like me to take this down, please message me, and I will immediately! <3)

(This chapter takes place in the wonderful world of Minecraft)

——————————————————————

I was sitting on the couch, when I saw Dream making his way downstairs with all of his tools.

"Where are you going?" I asked, looking at the taller male.

"Out." He said, clearly startled by my presence.

"Out where..?" I ask, cocking my head to the side.

He sighed. "I'm going mining." He said, his pickaxe appearing in his hand.

"Dream, we just talked about this!" I said, standing up, and walking towards the male.

"Y/N, we need ores." He said, frowning.

"No we don't. Our armor is fine, as are our tools. We have plenty of coal. We have basically any ore you can think of!" I said.

"I can go out if I please, Y/N." Clay said, growing annoyed by my pestering.

"Dream, please.. I'm just trying to keep you safe- It would be one thing if it was daytime, but it's pitch black outside! It's dangerous out there!" I said, slightly frustrated.

"I'm going wether you like it or not." He said, adamant about getting his way.

"But I-" I sighed. "Fine.. but- Please be safe, Clay.." I said, frowning.

Dream looked slightly taken aback by this. Probably because I almost never call him by his first name.

He sighed, smiling safely.

"I will, I promise.." He said, placing a gentle kiss on my forehead.

And with that, he left.

After waiting worriedly for several hours, I finally saw my boyfriend approaching our house.

But- He was walking kind of funny. I looked at his clothes, confused as I didn't remember him having been wearing a red shirt before he left.

Then it hit me.

Blood.

I grabbed our first aid kit and hurried outside.

"Dream!" I yelled, running towards him.

"Holy shit! What happened?!" I asked, helping him sit down.

"I— I was towering out of the cave, when a skeleton shot me in the side.

"Oh my god!" I said, looking down at his blood-stained shirt.

I sighed, before helping him remove the once white fabric.

I grabbed gause (is that how it's spelled???) out of the first aid kit, as well as a disinfecting wipe.

I opened the wipe, looking up at Dream.

"This is going to sting a bit.." I said.

He frowned. "Alright.." He said.

I began wiping the blood off of the wound, as gently as I possibly could. Dream squeezed his eyes shut, as I finished cleaning the blood.

"There.. Okay, I'm going to bandage it up now." I said, unwrapping the gause. He nodded, signifying that I could begin.

I gently placed the gause on top of the wound, before bandaging his torso.

I stood up, grabbing his bag, and held a hand out for him to take.

He grabbed onto my hand, standing as well.

I led him inside, helping him sit down on the couch, before making him a cup of tea.

"Thank you.." He said, taking the mug.

I sat down next to him, nodding.

"I'm sorry.." He mumbled.

I grabbed his free hand, entangling it in my own.

"No need to apologize. I'm just worried." I said, looking into his emerald eyes.

He nodded. "Yeah.. but if I had just listened to you, this would have happened.. And I was really rude to you before I left, and-"

"Clay. It's fine. All that matters is that you're alright." I said, brushing a strand of hair away from his face.

He sighed, looking down, fidgeting with our intertwined fingers.

"I just-" He starter, before I cut him off again.

"I promise you, it's fine. You should get some rest." I said, letting go of his hand, before standing up, and taking his empty mug into the kitchen.

"I just feel bad!" He said, struggling to get up from the couch.

I quickly walked over to him, draping his arm over my shoulder, and using mine to support his weight.

"Don't feel bad. You had no control of this." I said, reassuringly.

"It's karma.. I should've listened to you, instead of being a dick about it.." He said, frowning.

"Why won't you just let me forgive you? You're so stubborn!" I said, chuckling slightly.

"I don't deserve to be forgiven.." He said, as we entered his bedroom.

He got changed, before laying down on his bed.

I smiled, kissing his cheek.

"Goodnight, Dream." I said. But before I could leave, I felt a hand gently grab my wrist.

I turned to look at Clay. "Could you maybe.. stay..?" He asked, quietly.

I giggled, crawling into bed next to him.

"Of course." I said, opening my arms.

He nuzzled his head into my chest, as he wrapped his arms around my torso.

I layed my head on top of his, smiling.

"I love you.." He said, softly.

"I love you too, Dreamy.." I replied, kissing the top of his head.