Chapter 12

I screamed as another contraction ripped through me. Childbirth is a freaking pain.

***

Julia wasted no time, she grabbed my phone, and called Emilia, as she helped me to the receptionist's desk.

"Can I help you?" The receptionist asked.

"My friend is pregnant, long story, but we need a room!" Julia exclaimed

The receptionist looked at us confused. I grunted through the pain. "My name's Sorean Hatterly, my Gynecologist is Dr. Emilia Feint, long story but I'm pregnant and they want to come out." I tried to explain.

The receptionist looked at us. Julia hung up my phone. "Emilia says she'll be here soon." She said, the receptionist shook her head but gestured us towards a room.

***

I was lying on a bed, grunting in pain as a contraction ran through me. Julia left the room after she got me there. A nurse provided me with a gown before leaving.

I lay unhappily on the bed; Julia entered the room. "Hey, pudding!" Julia exclaimed. I looked up confused before she tossed me a pudding. I opened the dessert. Julia sat in a chair "I found your dad and told him what's up," I looked at her "I also called Bryce for you."

"Why?" I asked around a spoonful of pudding. I ripped the spoon out "Why would you tell Dad, he has enough to worry about." I added

"I told him to stay with your mom, I'll let him know what's going on," Julia explained.

I frowned and grunted again "This freaking sucks."

"I know, Pregnancy is a cruel mistress," Julia replied.

"Not that!" I snapped, screaming at another contraction, "I mean, going into labour today, I should be waiting for Mom, not having my twins!"

Julia rolled her eyes, "The twins didn't decide consciously to be born today, maybe, they wanted to be born, because they wanted to meet their grandma."

"They're not going to meet her, if I can't be there for her right now" I whispered sadly.

"She's in surgery right now anyway. You would be waiting to hear about her progress anyways." Julia stated.

I nodded, unconsciously eating the pudding. The door opened, as Emilia entered the room. "This is certainly a surprise." Emilia said, "I didn't think we would be delivering so soon"

"Hi Emilia" I greeted "The twins decided today was the day."

Emilia sat down at the foot of the bed. "Well let's see what happening." She adjusted my legs, "Let's see how far you're dilated."

I lay my head on my pillow, as Emilia looked up at me.

"What are we looking at?" I asked.

Emilia frowned "I say you are about 3 cm so far."

I sighed loudly "So it'll be a while." I've been looking into the birthing progress for the last two weeks, just so I'd know what I was in for.

"Typically...yes" Emilia replied, "but this is the first time delivering a male pregnancy. 10 cm should be the same for you, but I'm unsure of the complications."

"Complications?" I asked nervously.

Emilia smiled at me, and stood up "I'll get an ultrasound, just to check the girls' position."

I looked at her confused, as Emilia continued "Just to make sure they're coming out the right way, and the delivery is safe."

I nodded, "Okay."