Chapter 7

Jameel hid the letter in his bag when he saw Malia walking towards him.

He didn't want her to see the letter in his hand and start asking him any questions. He quickly look at the time on his phone. It was already one-thirty.

"Where's David?"

"He's still in the water, talking to the guys."

"What would you like to drink?" He got up and went to the cooler.

"I'll have the same drink as you."

They stayed underneath the tent talking, while the others enjoyed themselves in the water.

"Is your dad coming?"

"He's probably on his way down. He was tired this morning."

"Do you think he misses being active?"

Jameel had told Malia about his dad's job. He hadn't told her all the details but just enough. His dad was very secretive when it came to his old job.

"He says he's fine with his current job. It's not as demanding."

Malia's gaze went over his shoulder before she nudge him. "Your dad is coming."

Jameel groans as he leans back against the beach chair. "Just don't say anything about Tarik. I'll tell him later."

"Don't worry. I learned my lesson from last time."

He knew she was talking about what happened last year. His friend was helping him to get a birthday gift for his dad's birthday. So had to keep a secret especially from Malia.

Then she had seen them together and thought they were secretly dating. She went and told his dad, who had the guy investigated. His dad found out he had a criminal record for a minor offense. His dad had the poor guy interrogated.

"Poor guy was interrogated like he was a criminal."

"He was a criminal."

"It was for a minor crime. Prank gone wrong." Jameel said in exasperation.

"Okay...I'm sorry about that. He didn't deserved all that."

He hadn't seen the guy after that incident.

"Jameel, what are you guys doing up here?" His dad took the chair across from him.

He had to admit his dad was a very handsome man. Its too bad he hasn't found anyone he wanted to date.

"We're taking a break. The water is nice though."

"It's been a while since I've been to the beach. I'm going for a swim."

"Okay, cool...enjoy."

Tarik joined them half an hour later.

Jameel was surprised he hadn't turned into a prune. If he had stayed that long in the water, his skin would be wrinkled.

He eyed his body up and down feeling really blessed seeing such a sexy body. He knew he was staring but he didn't care one bit.

"You're drooling." Malia whispered in his ear.

He turned to her with a shrug. "I don't mind drooling over him."

"You're ridiculous." She said, laughing at him.

Tarik sat down next to him, a bag of ruffles in his hands. "Would you like some?"

"Sure," He expected him to gave him the bag but Tarik took a single chip holding it to his mouth.

Jameel opened his mouth accepting the offering. The tip of his tongue touched his fingertips.

"Thanks. Sour cream and Cheddar is my favorite."