one

CHAPTER 1 !— the library

CHAPTER 1 !
— the library

MALACHI BARTON, most known for his two disney channel roles in stuck in the middle, and the villains of valley view, was constantly in the spotlight whether he liked it or not

MALACHI BARTON, most known for his two disney channel roles in stuck in the middle, and the villains of valley view, was constantly in the spotlight whether he liked it or not. as a result, he was never able to stay in school for long periods of time due to constantly filming, and school on set was never as fun as crazy as it sounds. he knew he was never the best academically which made school even less of a priority than before.

this year, however, was different. season three of the villains of valley view had recently wrapped in the middle of the summer, meaning he was back at his high school for junior year and while it started off strong, he quickly fell behind in his classes and tried to catch up.

mrs. cooper, a chemistry teacher at the school, was particularly concerned about malachi as he'd quickly fallen behind in her class. in an effort, she made it a deal to him that he had to pass her upcoming exam to pass the semester, he knew he had to study.

he walked around what felt like the never ending high school in an attempt to find the library. he asked a random person in the hall for help before making his way over to the library hall. he walked inside, the librarian quietly greeted him hello, he did the same before walking over to the tables.

the library was practically empty, two girls sat at on table quietly talking, and another girl sat alone studying. randomly, malachi decided to go sit down across from her.

"uhm- can i help you?" she looked up at him with a slightly confused look as he sat down.

he shook his head. "uh- no not really actually, i mean unless you're studying for mrs. cooper's upcoming test." he slightly joked with her.

"oh- uh, i am actually. do you need help with the study guide?" she replied with a faint smile.

"uh yeah actually." he replied, smiling back at her.

"sure, we could study together if you'd like." she replied, he nodded back at her, with a smile on his face.

he'd quickly realized he'd never introduced himself. "oh- i'm malachi by the way, malachi barton" he said with a smile.