00

Hyacinth's POV

I tied my red silk robe while walking into the kitchen. 

The lights were already dim, which made me relax. I always prefer this kind of light at night. It doesn't hurt my eyes. 

Ako lang ang magisa ngayon dahil hindi ako umuwi sa bahay. It was already late and I'm too tired to go home so I ended up here which is close to my clinic. I already called them that I'll stay here tonight. 

I turned around, closing my eyes just trying to feel the comfort of my penthouse. 

I used to love the silence and peace it gave me when it's almost midnight before. 

Pero iba pa rin talaga kapag nasanay kanang may kasama at inaalagaan.

This is only for tonight and I'll go straight to our house tomorrow. 

I couldn't sleep. Nanibago lang siguro dahil ngayon lang ulit ako matutulog dito.

We lived here for more than 2 years but we decided to move out last month when my mother got into an accident again.

She mostly visits and sleeps here but the doctor said that she can't walk for the meantime. She needs a lot of bed rest for months if she wants to walk again.  

My penthouse was on the 30th floor and she didn't like using the wheelchair to get here. She feels like she is useless just because she cannot walk for the meantime. I chuckled when I remembered her nagging about the wheelchair. She complains that she doesn't need to use that, that she can walk perfectly fine when she can't even stand up.  

We talk it out about the wheelchair. She didn't like it at first but she eventually agreed and got used to it.

The accident caused her not to visit us most of the time so I decided to live with her again. 

Palagi kasing nagpaparinig sa akin sa call na kung sana doon na lang kami titira sa bahay para hindi na siya mag abalang pumunta dito. 

Nagbibingi-bingihan ako ng ilang araw na hindi ko narinig 'yon galing sa kanya. 

My mamma was just good at acting when she cried during our video call that she badly missed us. Then that was the time that I finally decided to move out. 

It's hard to drive for hours but I was able to manage it for the past few weeks. Nakakangalay man sa binti at kamay ay wala na akong magawa. I already agreed with her. 

Kahit malapit lang sa clinic ko 'tong  penthouse ay ginawa ko na lang tambayan kapag gusto ko magpahinga sa tanghali.

Two of our house helpers always come here to clean the place and put some groceries in case I'll stay here for a night but I always end up not staying. 

Ngayon lang talaga ulit ako dito matutulog.

Hindi pa talaga ako dinadalaw ng antok kaya I decided to eat or drink.

Maybe some red wine, cheese and crackers? 

My mouth salivates just by thinking about its taste. It suits perfectly for tonight's ambiance. 

I took my favourite wine out of my wine cellar and I also took my bordeaux glass from the cabinet. I almost forgot that I requested to put a charcuterie platter in my fridge so I took it as well. 

I open the door of my balcony and the cold wind immediately embraces me. 

I badly missed this. 

I put everything that I took in my kitchen one by one at a time. And after putting everything on the table, I sat comfortably on my black pallet cushion sofa.