Something in the way you're looking through my eyes

CHAPTER SEVEN

Natasha critiqued herself in the mirror, applying the finishing touches to her makeup. She had opted for a deep, scarlet lipstick and golden, understated eyeshadow; an inky, black liner framing her intelligent, green eyes.

Her dress fit her perfectly, accentuating her hourglass figure. The dress itself was sequinned, golden and strapless. It fell just below her knees, a daring slit on one side exposing her leg to the top of her thigh.

She exuded power and confidence, balanced with feminine grace.

She finished her ensemble off with two golden bracelets, a pair of strappy heels and a spritz of perfume.

She had just finished clipping her earrings in as she heard a knock at the door.

"Natasha come on the cars are here!" Clint shouted.

She sighed and picked up her purse, ensuring her gun was concealed properly.

"Wow. You look stunning Nat." Clint said affectionately.

"You don't look so bad yourself handsome" she replied, winking at him over her shoulder as she led the way to the cars.

"It's nice you've made a special effort to look so good for Wanda's birthday" Clint observed innocently.

"I don't know what you mean Barton, I always look this good"

"Yeah ok, we'll both keep pretending we don't know who you're dressing up for" He said, laughing.

"You're right, Thor is pretty hot." She replied, dodging his question expertly.

He chuckled and shook his head as they met Steve at the car.

"You look great Steve" she said, eyeing his black suit trousers and tight white shirt.

"You too Nat"

"Where are the others?"

"They've gone ahead in separate cars. Tony has saved us all rooms at the Tower. You're bunking in with the Birthday Girl"

"That depends on how drunk she gets; I don't want her throwing up in my room" Nat retorted.

"Speaking of the birthday girl, I don't think she's left yet. Her and Vision are still upstairs"

Natasha didn't comment and climbed into the Black limousine waiting for them. God, Tony is such a diva.

As flash as Tony could be, the party was decorated tastefully; clearly Pepper was having a positive influence on the man.

A pianist played soft jazz in the corner, wait staff walked through the crowds offering guests canapés and a champagne fountain stood off to side of the large room. Natasha knew that within an hour the pianist would retire and the DJ would appear, encouraging guests to enjoy the dance floor.

Stark and Shield employees loitered around the room, some faces familiar to Natasha, others less so. She spotted all of the boys, plus Peter, Pepper and Carol Danvers of all people. It also appeared that Nick Fury had decided to put in an appearance, along with Maria of course.

"Drinks?" Clint asked, placing a hand on her back and directing her through the crowd.

"Definitely"

Natasha slid between everyone at the crowded bar and managed to catch the attention of a young male bartender.

"Hey Handsome, can we get some drinks please?" She flirted playfully.

"Yes ma'am. What can I get for you?"