Missing You

Although Audrey was a little worn out, she had to go to a gathering downstairs where her old friends were waiting. She will be leaving the country soon for about a year, and another friend will be getting married soon, so they decided to push through with the dinner tonight.

She went to the 7th floor, where she was parked, and opened the door of her car. She had salad leftovers, and since it was her favorite, she decided to take it for later.

"You still go there?" A familiar voice said.

He took one of her bags and placed it in the back seat.

"Oh, hi!" Audrey was surprised.

Jake hugged her tight.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8..

"How are you?" Audrey whispered, gasping for some air.

"Not as good as when you're around..." Jake said, in his softest voice, not letting go of her.

It was a good feeling. She didn't expect to see him this way.

"Let me see that face." Audrey wanted to get off of his arms.

Jake looked at her small face.

"You missed me?" He was teary-eyed.

"Hey!" Audrey knew he was about to cry. He is the same soft-hearted kid from 12 years ago, but he stares as if he was waiting for his fiancee to say yes.

She smiled and ran two fingers through his hair.

"Of course I missed you," Audrey said.

Jake hugged her again, this time tighter. He doesn't want her to see him crying.

"Are you trying to kill me?" Her face was almost inside his coat. He smells so nice, just like how he used to.

Jake loosened up, touched her face, and kissed her.

It was quick.

"Hey! What was that? " Audrey was astounded.

Jake couldn't believe it either. as if he had lost his mind for a while.

"I'm sorry..."

Audrey couldn't say a word, it was a mix of unexplained emotions. She could still feel his soft lips touching hers.

"I'm sorry..." Jake felt embarrassed. 

It wasn't planned, but when he saw her after a long time, it felt like it was something he had to do.

He reached for her hand. She was shaking.

"Aud, I'm really sorry..."

It felt like he had a lot of things to tell her, but he doesn't know exactly where to start.

He pulled her again and embraced her. This time, tighter.

Ah, he missed her so much, he never imagined he would act this way.

"How long has it been?" Jake asked.

"7 years?" Audrey said. She missed his smell. She wished she could just stay in his arms.

Her phone rings.

"Where are you?" Kyla was almost screaming.

"We decided to have dinner here at your office building, but you're still late!"

Jake could hear Kyla. Audrey looked at him.

"Shhhh..."

"I'll be down in a bit," Audrey said.

"Call Jake! He is not answering his phone again! " Kyla ended the call.

They looked at each other and laughed. 

He closed the door of her car and they started to walk.