Falling and Flying {A Niall Horan fanfiction}

I sit on the branch, dangling my legs as i read the last page of the book i have read about six times over the past eight years. I look out over the sea scape as the sun falls from the sky. My dark, dripping, blonde hair drapes over my shoulder. For the past eight years i've been on the run from the world i use to know. Tomorrow, I leave to go back to that life. My old friends. now that I'm nineteen, I can live on my own. My family don't even have to know i exist. My little brother can continue with his guitar without a care in the world. My mum can sit down and not have to worry about when i'll be back, and my dad. Well he can just stay away from them, like he would do without me there. I can stay with my friends for a while until i get back on my feet. I slowly climb down from the branch and start my long treck to the train station, where i'll catch a train back to my old town of Mullingar. I can stay with Hollie in her small cottage and go for a walk around town like I used to. But most of all, I can see Niall again. and thats one thing i couldn't wait to do.

{A long 22 hours later}

I hop of the train and make my way up the stairs from the underground. Turn around the left corner when someone wraps their arms around me and squeezes me close. Hollie.

"Where the fuck have you been Zoe! Eight fucking years!" She screams at me.

"I...I..." I stutter. "I needed some time away..."

"Eight years is some time!" she laughs. "Come on! you're coming back to my house and you're getting a shower! Then tomorrow we're going out shopping for some new stuff!" 

"Hollie..." I say. "You don't have to spend all this money on me!"

"You obviously haven't been here for the past few years!" She laughs. "I got my contract with sony music. I'm richer than a sack of caviar!!" 

I laugh as we walk off up the road.

"So where have you been all this time?!" Hollie asks as she stands at the stove, cooking tea.

"Crookhaven..." I laugh.

"Holy mother of taccos Zoe!" She says in suprise. "That far away!"

"Yeah! i found a nice old abandoned house there with working gas, a few chickens and potatos. Mannaged to keep me alive for the past few years!" I laugh.

"You ferral!" She laughs. "Where'd you scab the clothes from then?"

"Shut up!" I laugh. "An old man obviously used to ive there. army uniform was everywhere!"

I pause for a second to try and find a good come back.

"Of course you're wearing sixty million pound dresses now!" I laugh.

"Wow Zoe!" She laughs. "You've obviously read 'Devil wears Prada' over fifty times for the pas few years!.."

We're both silent for a moment.

"So how's Niall..." I ask.

"Good I think!.." She says. "He's been at uni for a year now. Want's to be a music teacher!"

"Wow!" I say. "Never imagined him to be like that!" 

"No one ever did!" she laughs."But with you leaving everyone changed..."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Well you're mum lives in australia now. you'r brother is my lead guitarist and your dad. well he's actually nice now!!"

"It seems they've achieved the impossible!" I laugh.