Chapter One

Luna~

"What do you want to drink, hun?" I yell over the long dark bar. This is probably the sixtieth time I've said that phrase out loud.

"Manhattan, please." He says back. I nod my head and begin making the whiskey drink. Again, for the hundredth time. As I am adding all the ingredients into a short glass, I glance at the man on the other side of the bar. He's tall with dark, luscious hair. It's nice. Pretty. His eyes are a deep sea foam green, as if you can see through them. Through this "tough" persona he gives off. He's wearing a black tux with a black bowtie. Very sleek and sexy. A smirk overcomes his nice plump lips. Shit. He saw me observing. I quickly finish h is drink off with a luxardo cherry.

"Would you like it open or closed?" I said handing him his drink with a slight smile on my face. I wipe my hands on my short black dress. Waiting for his response.

He looks at me for a second. Okay...

"Open, please." He smirks again, but now looking directly into my eyes. I stare back, but am interrupted by my employee, Lacey.

"Luna, there is some problem at the front. Nate needs you." She looks desperately at me.

I look back at the man in front of me. His facial expression changed into a concerned look. Eyebrows furrowed, lips in a straight line. I look back to Lacey. Her long red locks were up in a high pony, her plump pink lips were coated in a dark red lip, and her angel blue eyes looked uneasy. She is a stunner and I'm lucky to have her as a friend. We have known each other basically since birth. We both grew up in the same hippie town. Our trauma is linked, so we are linked for life.

"Will you take his payment for me and man the bar?" I say walking past her. As I do, she is already behind the bar taking the handsome mans payment. I couldn't help but notice that handsome man has not taken his eyes off me as I walked away. Almost like he's mapping out where I'm going. See that's one thing, I don't need anyones help, especially from a man. A random at that. I roll my eyes and continue towards to the front to see whatever the hell is wrong.

"Oh my gosh! You have to be kidding me. I need to talk to the owner, NOW!" I hear a female screaming. Great.

"Ma'am she is on the way. Please, I cannot let you in." I hear Nate say. I gaze at Nate to see if I can read what is going on. He is tall and muscular, with dark hair and a sweet smile. But he doesn't fuck around and takes care of what needs to be done. Thats why he's my bouncer and security. We have tried to date in the past, but it never worked out. Were too different. But we will always have a level of respect and love for each other. I know that will never change.

"Hi, I'm Luna. The owner of Beyond. What can I help you with?" I say to the blonde standing in front of me. She is wearing a tight barbie pink dress with heels that would make me fall over. Eh, she pulls it off.

"Yes. Finally. I told this rude man that I am here to see Hayes." She huffs out throwing her long, curled perfect hair across her shoulder and throwing her hand on her hip. I raise my brow as if I know who that is.

She sighs, "Hayes Stone. As in Stone Records? Come on. I'm already late." Rolling her eyes putting her sunglasses back on. It's dark as fuck outside. I never understand New Yorkers. I'm not originally from here, but found myself in the concrete jungle about 6 years ago. That's when this whole business came to life. Maybe she's rolling. Maybe I'm jealous of that.

"Okay, let me just check. One second." I step behind the counter giving her a reassuring smile. I check the I-Pad to see if there is a Hayes here. We are a very highly- exclusive speakeasy. A lot of business men, beautiful women, private parties, or anyone who wants to go off the grid for a bit come here. And they pay a lot of money for the hush-hush environment. It's a lot of up keep and behind the scene work to keep this place going. I check through the list, finding the last name Stone. No Hayes though, but I'm sure its the same reservation.