Chapter Fifteen

The snow storm continued through the morning. Malakai was awaken by the sudden flash of light followed by a processing noise. He rubs his eyes in annoyance before focusing on the camera that his mother was holding. It was an old polaroid camera that belonged to Mr. Davis's mother. Mrs. Davis smiled, shaking the picture while giggling. Malakai's father leaned against the door frame smiling at the sight as well,

"Oh, what a beautiful picture! You guys are so, incredibly cute!" She giggled, showing Malakai the picture.

 Venus squirmed a bit under Malakai's tight hold to which he never realize the strength of his grasp until she attempted to push away. When he loosen his grip, she turned to face the window, causing Malakai to spoon her. This put his mother in awe, reminiscing about the time she and her husband were like that when they were young.

"Give them some space, Love." Mr. Davis chuckled before pulling her away.

She tried to protest but eventually left the room. Malakai was wide awake now, looking at his lover's back. She slept so peacefully and quietly, not making a single peep. Malakai touched her soft, messy hair, and trailed his hand down to her waist, sensing her shivers and ease. He couldn't be any happier with her before his very eyes. 

The scent of breakfast flowed seamlessly through the air. It found its way to the sleepy couple's room, waking Venus up happily. She turned once more to face Malakai who stayed awake and watched as she flutters awake.

"Good morning, Malakai." Venus smiled and giggled with excitement.

"Good morning, beautiful." Malakai responded, caressing her soft cheek.

They stayed like this for awhile, enjoying each others company,

"I wish we could stay like this forever..." Venus spoke in a daze.

"It will happen. It'll happen real soon." Malakai responded, pulling her into a closer cuddle.

He kisses her forehead and continued to caress her cheek. It took a couple of minutes before both decided to get out of bed. Venus quickly covered herself while Malakai showed himself off freely. He smirked at her, understanding why she's still hiding her unclothed body, despite them participating in such interesting acts last night. He handed her her clothes as he too got dressed in his pajamas. They both walked together down the steps to see, Mr. Davis drinking a beer on the couch and Mrs. Davis finishing up a pretty big breakfast, consisting of stacks of strawberry waffles, eggs, sausages, and some cut up fruits. Mrs. Davis loves cooking just as much as her husband. They work in intervals, Mrs. Davis takes on breakfast, Mr. Davis takes on dinner and Malakai takes on lunch, and they rotate every day. It was synchronized, clean and organized, something Venus wished to live in. Venus walked over to the couch while Malakai helped out his mother. Mr. Davis looked at Venus up and down while taking another sip of beer. This made Venus a bit on uneasy.

"You guys were making so much noise last night. Were you guys having a party or something?" Mrs. Davis laughed.

Venus fiddled with her thumbs nervously while Malakai continued with helping his mother, snorting at the comment with a smirk. Silence fell a bit, the TV  being the only thing making significant noise. Suddenly, a new report pops up, a breaking news to be exact, it was about Marlin.

"Marlin Henderson was last seen at his parents residence with his belongings left behind. a very consistent similarity to his fellow classmate and friend, Charlie Baxton, who also went missing a month prior-"

"Oh goodness... First Charlie, now Marlin? Oh god... Malakai, I'm so sorry-" Mrs. Davis stops in her tracks when she noticed a large smile forming on his face while rinsing up the dishes.

Mr. Davis chuckles, taking another sip and changing the channel, "Hope he's okay, surely he ran away with that broad anyways. You said she was cheating on you with Marlin right, Kai?"

"Yeah..."

"Why didn't you tell me about that?" Mrs. Davis chimed in.

"Because you're gonna show him loads of sympathy, love. We all know he never loved that slut, I mean come on!" Mr. Davis laughed so hard, it caused Malakai to laugh, "I mean, he dodged a huge bullet! No tears for that bitch."

Venus stayed quiet, feeling even more uneasy in this atmosphere. She gets up from the couch and walks back to the guest bedroom, catching everyone's attention.

"You okay, honey?" Mrs. Davis called out but to no response.

Venus sat in bed, holding herself for a bit before calling her older sister, using Malakai's phone,

"I'm glad that you're doing better... I was going to come a visit... but the snow storm- I- Venus I'm so sorry, I feel like the absolute worst sister ever. Mom's in the hospital and Marcus is in jail. What the hell is going on!"

"It's okay, Mary. It's alright... I feel safe with Malakai's family. I won't lie, I realized how abnormal ours is... and not in a good way. I do feel nervous at times but I feel so... I feel so good."

Mary stayed silent for a bit before chuckling a bit, "It's because you're with your BOYYYFRIENNNNND"

"Stop that's not it!"

They both started laughing before going silent again,

"Mary... I wish mom was dead. I wish she could just... go away forever. She put me through so much. She put us through so much and only got worse when you moved out. I hate her, I hate her! I hate the fact that she hurts me every day and makes me feel guilty for dad's disappearance... everyone blames me for that... when I did nothing wrong."

Mary stayed silent bit before responding to such a statement,

"I understand... I feel the same way too, but don't think about it okay? Just focus on the fact that you can take a huge break from her. Who knows, maybe she won't survive what she's going through right now! Either way... don't let that fill your mind, alright? Enjoy being with a family that's probably the only stable one in that shitty ass town."

Venus hummed and nodded. 

"I have to get going V, but please keep resting okay? Let me know if you need anything. And please... enjoy this moment."

Venus hugged her knees, thinking and wondering about everything that has happened so far. From Charlie's disappearance to becoming intimate with Malakai, it all seemed so crazy, fast and a little suspicious but Venus couldn't put her finger on it. Her thoughts break when she was suddenly startled by Malakai, who entered the room. He smile, holding two plates of food. Venus smiled and they both began eating.

"I hope Marlin is okay... it sucks that they can't do the search with this snow storm." Venus sighed.

"It does... but I honestly think he's okay. Marlin has always wanted to leave town immediately when he got the chance, just like Charlie. And because they had a secret relationship behind my back, I would def say they're with each other right now."

"You aren't hurt?"

"No, I no longer feel hurt about either of them and what they do. To hell with them."

Venus stayed remained silent, analyzing his being and feeling guilty for being so close to him.

"I... I'm sorry."

Malakai didn't respond, he simply wiped the corner of her lip before continuing back to his food, Venus doing the same, blushing in response. For the rest of the day, Venus remained in bed, resting as her head was pounding. The snow storm took a pause on its terror, leaving the ground covered in a thick sheet of white and fluff. Malakai watched as Venus slept for hours. It was such a beautiful sight to Malakai but something clicked once again to his mind. He over heard the conversation with Venus and Mary. Replaying in his head, he got up and left the room, but not before kissing his lover on the forehead and cover her up in a soft heavy blanket.

He closes the door, dresses up in his heavy coat, grabbing his keys and proceeded out the door. He didn't drive to the location that only his subconscious knew, no... he just walked his way there. The majority of the night, he walked and walked, with no thoughts in his mind nor a voice to hear, before he suddenly stopped, coming back to reality and standing before the Florsville South Hospital.