I - Back To Cousins

I missed it here the smell. The noises. The tastes. I put my head out the window of the car breathing in the aroma of home. Real home. Steven was focused on driving, Belly and mum was asleep in the back seats. Bells head resting on mums shoulder.

"Do you think it will be different this year?" I asked turning my head to look at Steven.

"Yeah, you look a little different from last year maybe they won't recognize you." He joked as I pulled him out of his concentrated trace.

I laughed with him as Mum and Bells began to stir.

"How long til' were there?" Belly questioned impatiently.

"Yeah c'mon Stevie how long?" I tease.

Steven rolled his eyes. It was a nickname I always called him. I think I only got away with it because I was his twin. Jere once called him 'Stevie' and Steven had him in a headlock for way to long. He even started turning a little purple. But if one of them wasn't purple at least three times it's not a normal summer in Cousins.

"15 minutes." He replied.

"Oh since everyones awake I think it's time for a little sing song." I smile whilst slowly turning up the music.

"No No No." He started as he went to turn down the volume.

"Don't you dare Steven."

He raised his free hand in defeat one still on the driving wheel.

Not having a picky taste in music I turned on the first radio station.

*Song playing is Tate McRae: What would you do*

Me and Steven looked at each other. Mum and Belly looked at each other. This was it.

Me and Steven began singing. By singing I mean screaming the lyrics so hard we might have screamed our tonsils out. Belly and mum held their hands over their ears. And people stared as me and Steven sang along.

"And you're probably gonna throw a fit.
(throw a fit)
When I call you out on all your shit.
(all your shit)"

"Hey language!" Mum shouted over us.

***

We pulled up. Here it was. Home. Jeremiah and Conrad walked out together. As soon as Jere walked out the threshold he sprinted towards the car. Mum got out first and hugged him. Next was Steven who got out the car next. Me and Belly looked at each other.

"C'mon y/n, we're finally home." Belly smiled as she opened the door.

I smiled as I opened my door. There I saw Conrad and Jeremiah hugging everyone. When they saw me they both stopped.

"Hey strangers." I laughed.

"Woah y/n, you look different." Conrad smiled.

"Good different I hope?" I said as I crossed my arms and started grinning.

"You look fucking gorgeous y/n." Jeremiah sighed while looking me up and down.

The brothers swarmed me hugging me at the same time until I couldn't breathe.

"Calm down, I want to live long enough to see Susannah."

We all (except Belly) looked at pretend watches on our wrists "I think it's time for a BELLY FLOP!!" We all caught Belly as she  tried to escape. Me and Jeremiah grabbing an arm each and Steven and Conrad grabbing a leg each. This was our tradition. This was something we all enjoyed together. It was normally just me and the boys. Since Belly was usually with mum and Susannah. We threw Bells into the pool and Belly being the little trickster she is, convinced us she hurt her ankle and ended up pulling Conrad into the pool aswell. I had to admit it was fun to watch.

I walked inside.

"Woah who is this GORGEOUS woman before me?" I joke.

"It is I Susannah, Gosh I've missed you" She said playing along and pulling me into a tight hug. Me and Susannah always got on really well I was the first girl after all.

"Anything planned for tonight?" I asked.

"We've got the bonfire y/n" Conrad replied before mum or Susannah could.

"Can I finally come this year?" Belly pleaded while dripping water all over the house.

No one answered but me, Conrad, Steven and Jeremiah all looked at each other.

"But we have to watch-" Mum started.

"Sorry Bells." Conrad interrupted.