FIFTY-ONE

"THIS game is so boring." Lucia groaned.

Her head was on Eli's shoulder as she watched him play his game on his computer.

"You can leave, you know. You don't have to stay." Eli said.

"Ugh, I know, but we're both miserable, so I just assumed we can be miserable together." She replied.

Eli sighed and turned back to his laptop.

They were both wearing hoodies and Lucia had her hood over her head, hiding her short hair and Eli had both a hat and a hood on. Though, Moon fixed it up and it actually didn't look bad, she was still embarrassed.

"Where the hell have you two been?"

They looked over to see Demetri and Moon coming down the stairs.

"Moon? What're you doing here? I thought you had cheer practice?" Lucia asked.

"I did, but now I'm here. I haven't seen you since I fixed your hair, where have you been, sweetie?" Moon asked.

"Here. With Hawk." Lucia answered.

"How'd you two even get in here?" Hawk asked.

"Uh, your mom has left the key under the flower gnome since kindergarten." Demetri answered before tossing Eli the key. "You should think about increasing the security given, you know, the karate war."

"I agree. And Lucia, you should tell your mom she was right and that you guys should install the security system that the LaRusso's have." Moon agreed.

"But that's not important right now."

"What's so important?" Eli asked.

"Didn't you guys hear? The All Valley has separate gender divisions. I mean, do I look like Miyagi-Do's best hope at defeating Robby Keene? I mean, Mr. LaRusso says that anyone can be the here, but I'm not Batman. I'm more like Alfred. You're Batman." Demetri pointed. "And you, Lucia are like Wonder Woman!"

"Dem, you realize you're talking to Marvel fans, correct?"

"It doesn't matter weather you like Batman or Superman—." Moon began

"They're from the same universe, love." Lucia corrected.

Moon gave her a look.

"Sorry, continue."

"You're Lucia. The most badass girl I know!" Moon exclaimed

"And you, Eli, you're the Hawk."

Eli pulled off his hat and hood. "Yeah, not anymore, so..."

"Hey, at least it looks better than the last time I saw it. Yours probably does too, Lucia, let's see it."

Lucia shook her head. "Absolutely not."

Moon went over and took her hood off, causing Lucia to hide her face in her hands.

"Lucia, you look amazing with short hair! I don't understand what's the big deal." Moon said.

"It's because at school knows what happened." Eli said.

"It's just so embarrassing." Lucia looked up.

"Who cares what anyone thinks? Besides, it'll grow back." Demetri said.

"It doesn't matter. I ruined my reputation, talked a big game, and just proved I was an asshole. To Miguel, to Cia, and especially you. I got what I deserved." Eli explained.

"Hey, I forgave you, remember. And I don't care if you have a mohawk, or a mullet or pigtails, Miyagi-Do needs you."

"And Lucia, it is embarrassing and I understand you're also upset because it was Tory who did this to you and it's hurtful. It hurts me that someone you still love, which also hurts me, did this to you. But it doesn't matter. You are so strong and cool and beautiful."