Car ride

You couldn't sleep, stress from school and the up side down. Just everything going on was overwhelming, you couldn't think right most the time always caught up in your thoughts. It's was about 1:30 am you signed as you rolled over to grab your phone off the receiver and called your boyfriend. After 3 rings he answered.

"Hey pretty girl, you okay?" Steve said tiredly

"Umm yea I just can't sleep.. you think you could come pick me up and we could drive around please? " you asked Waiting for an answer. You hated asking him stuff like this so late.

"Of course anything for you, see you in ten!" He quickly said as you heard the line click.

You got on a jacket and slipped on your shoes and silently snuck out your window as Steve pulled up and shut his lights off. You walked to the car and Steve leaned over to open your door while he smiled at you. You loved his smile it was like watching the sunrise on a nice breezy summer morning.

"Hey baby, everything okay?" Steve asked with concern in his voice.

" not really" you signed. Looking down and fiddling with the hem of your jacket. 

"Well I'm all ears, what's on that pretty mind?" Steve gave you a look and grabbed your hand and rubbed his thumb over your knuckles.

" I don't know really, just everything going on is overwhelming me and it's so hard to sleep. I don't feel safe, anything could happen and it's scary." You looked out the window as you explained.

Steve didn't say anything all he did was start his car and started driving. You glanced at him, he looked back at you and put his hand on your thigh and rubbing circles on it with his thumb. You grasped his hand lightly and rested it there and all your stress went away. Being intoxicated by his smell and the energy that came off him. He was your anchor to keeping you on the ground, he made all your problems go away even if there small and stupid.

He pulled up to lovers lake and parked where we could see the stars and the moon. He got out and got in the back, looking at you.

" are you coming back here or not? Your gonna let your boyfriend freeze to death?" he chuckled

You smiled and got out and slipped into the back right up against him. His warmth making you feel safe you buried your face into his chest and grabbed his neck as he slide his arm around your waist and held you tight.

"It'll be okay baby, I'm here and you have me I'll protect you with my life. I'll do anything for you" he kissed the top of your head and rested his chin on the top.

"I know you will and I'm so happy you will, I'd do the same thing for you"

The sun started to rise, you looked up at Steve's lips and moved to kiss him. He grabbed the side of your head and deepened the kissed. You savored the taste on his lips, they tasted like applewood and citrus. Not sure why they did but they always have and you loved it. You pulled away to breathe and placed a soft kiss on his cheek and laid your head back down on his chest.

" I love you so much (y/n)" he whispered in your ears, his lips brushing against your ear.

You blushed and said "I love you too steve Harrington"

The sun was rising and a stream of the sunlight hit his face lighting up the features of his face you loved the most.

You closed your eyes and drifted to sleep. Steve pulled you tighter and grabbed a blanket from one of your drive-in dates and draped it over you too. He kissed the top of your head and drifted off to sleep.

——
I need some requests. So if you have one just comment or dm me:) hope y'all enjoyed