--- The Story ---

It was a normal day for the young couple in Corona. Their life was perfect. Not only did they have each other, but they had risen up above what they had been before. Today, that was all about to change.

Varian and Savannah had decided to come back to those raccoon traps and perfect the goo so it could be used as self defense. However, they fell through a portal and onto a bench in...somewhere.

They were surrounded by tall buildings and vehicles were zooming across the road.

The area surrounding them was rather empty. The only...three people in the area were an alpha, a blue haired girl and a black haired girl. The blue haired girl noticed the two rather out of place people and found one of them rather familiar.

Walking over, she asked, "Do I, uh, know you?"

Savannah cocked her head a degree. "Uh, I don't think so. Um, my name is Savannah."

"I know a 'Savannah'...wait...I do know you. We met as kids?"

"Right! So I do know you! Heh. So...uh...this is Varian," she gestures to the alchemist who was staring back at her with those baby blue eyes. "Varian, this is Rachel. We met as kids."

"Uh, do you know these people?" The alpha asked Rachel,

"Yeah," Rachel said.

Then, the black haired girl popped up behind the two newcomers. "What's your illusion?" She asks Savannah.

Ann looks back at her. "What?" True to that, she knew what Valerie was talking about, but she had given up magic years ago.

"Aren't you a shapeshifter?" Rachel asks.

Savannah pulls Rachel a few feet from Varian. "Yeah. But I gave up magic a few years ago."

"Why would you give up magic?" Valerie asks, coming over.

"Because my life turned to disaster because of it," Ann mutters.

"Who's this?" Valerie asks, pointing to Varian.

"This is my friend, Varian," Ann says.

"Ooh, is he your boyfriend?"

"WHAT, NO!" Varian and Ann said in unison.

"T-that's, pfft, that's crazy talk," Ann says casually. Truth be told, they were deeply in love.

"Well, what's his power?" Rachel asked.

"He...has none. He's genetically human," Ann lies.

"'Human'?"

"Are you sure?"

Ann couldn't take this pressure. She pulled Rachel and Valerie over to the side and whispered, "Alright, he's not genetically human. Or, not now, anyways. He's...a vampire."

The three gasped. Rachel and the alpha looked 'scared-shocked', while Valerie had a 'wow' look.

"D-don't freak out! He's fine!"

"We weren't going to freak out," Rachel says rather defensively.

That is when Philip lets a little cough pass his lips.

"Philip, were you coughing again?" Rachel asks suspiciously.

"No," Philip lies. He coughs again.

"You are coughing!" Rachel went through her pocket, then gasped when she found her pockets empty, "I forgot to bring the pills..." Philip started coughing uncontrollably and fell to the ground. His hands were bloody and he looked like he was in pain. Rachel crouched down and held Philip from falling completely and was in full panic mode.