Chapter 6

1 Year & 8 Months

Gail was not a morning person and not this early in the morning. She was standing at the terminal gate waiting for Holly to land back in Toronto.

They hadn't seen each other in over 2 months, but the excitement Gail was feeling was all worth the waiting.

She bit her lower lip waiting for her beautiful brunette to appear. They hadn't established what they were to one another again yet, but Gail was ready for whatever Holly wanted her to be.

They spoke most days and tried to Skype twice a week, Holly would show her the baby bump that, at first, didn't seem to grow, but over the past four weeks it had blossomed. Holly looked more and more radiant as time went on, and Gail couldn't wait to kiss those gorgeous lips.

She knew she loved Holly, with all her being, and the fact that she was pregnant didn't seem to faze her. If Holly wanted to be with her, she would help wherever possible, she would run out at 3am and buy her ice cream, she would feed the baby in the middle of the night just so Holly could sleep, and she would hold her hand while she gave birth. She wanted Holly to know all this; she wanted Holly and the life that comes with her. She wanted a family with her and to love her for the rest of her life.

She couldn't shake the feeling she had the last time she saw Holly, physically saw her.

Flashback

1 Year & 6 Months

The Day After

"Lunchbox, I just need you to know..." Gail held onto Holly's hips and Holly linked her arms around Gail's neck. "...I will miss you and we can discuss what we are when you come back home okay?"

Holly just smiled her lopsided smile, and leaned forward and kissed Gail softly.

The baby moved and Gail pulled away from the kiss and looked down at Holly's stomach that was nestled into her own.

"Goodbye to you too." She whispered and moved her fingers to trace the small bump on Holly's stomach.

"I told you they like you." Holly said as Gail looked into her dark brown eyes. "Nearly as much as I like you." She pulled Gail's lips towards her again and kissed her. "Right I need to go otherwise I'll miss my flight. I will see you in two months and I promise I will message you whenever I can."

Gail moved and kissed her again. "I love you Lunchbox."

Holly moved away and straightened her shirt, pulling up the handle of her carry-on, then placed her other hand on Gail's cheek.

"I love you too and I will miss you more than you will ever know."

And with that, she was gone.

Gail didn't know how long she stood there, watching Holly disappear into a small dot until she saw nothing.

She pulled out her phone and typed a quick message to Holly.

I miss you already. Look after that little Lunchbox. I am counting down the days already. I love you G x

1 Year & 8 Months

It felt like forever since she had seen Gail, but at the same time, it was like no time had passed. She missed the feel of Gail's fingers in her hair, her lips upon her lips, the moment when she realized she was in bed next to her in the morning. It all made her smile, and now she was walking towards her and could just make out Gail's slim frame.