Chapter 7: Animalistic

I ran as fast as I could through the eerily misty forest. The ground was cold beneath my bare feet. The blood-red, hooded cloak I wore fluttered behind me, dancing around my ankles. The thin dress I was wearing offered no protection from the chilling cold I felt deep in my bones. Behind me, a wolf howled. Close behind, but not too close to catch me. I ran past endless trees, until I came to a mist-filled clearing. Dew coated my skin, chilling me even further. A shadow moved towards me from the mist. I cowered, and prepared to run. It was Wolfe who'd appeared mysteriously from the mist. His forest green eyes were dark with something sinister. He stalked towards me, no emotion in his eyes. As he came closer, I saw that his clothes had been torn to shreds. He stopped just in front of me, and I could see that a fine sheen of sweat covered every visible inch of his body, like he'd run a long distance, or was straining himself. His eyes bored into mine, and I felt like I had been cornered. He growled.

"Stay...away..from...me." his voice strained out, his teeth gritted. Out of instinct, I reached out to touch him, to assure myself he was actually there. As soon as my finger came into contact with his skin, I felt that it was feverishly hot. Unnaturally warm. He growled again, louder this time, and more menacingly. His eyes turned from forest green into blood red, the color of my hooded cape. He opened his mouth and let out a blood-curdling howl that made me feel more terrified than I had ever felt before. His nails grew into talons as he gripped me by my upper arms. I screamed in pain, and I felt warm blood dripping down my arms. His teeth elongated into a maw straight from a familiar children's book I knew. His dark hair seemed to grow longer, and he looked like a monster from a nightmare or horror movie. He threw me to the ground, hard, and I felt like I'd fallen off a building. I screamed in pain, but he ignored me. He straddled me, pinning my arms down so I couldn't harm him. He howled, its echo filling my head until I could think of nothing except for that howl. My cape was spread out beneath me, and I felt the remaining heat seep out of my body into the cold, hard ground. I felt a tear stream down my cheek.

"Let me go!" I screamed out at him, but he ignored me. He lowered his head to my face and started kissing me ferociously, his tongue tearing my mouth open. I tried to bite down on his tongue, but he didn't notice. His fangs scraped against my own teeth painfully, and he forced my tongue into his own mouth. It tasted like blood. He took my arms and wrapped them around his neck in a lover's embrace. I kept them there, as they had nowhere else to go. I could feel his hands on either side of my head, claws digging deep into the ground. He pressed himself even harder against me, and I tried not to cry. He pulled away, and I could swear I saw his eyes flash back to green, then returned to the bright red.

"I-I'm s-so s-sorry, Red." he gritted out, his voice almost whining. I froze in shock. He'd acted so animalistic that I thought he wasn't even human anymore.

"P-please forgive m-me, Red." he said almost painfully. My eyes widened fearfully. He hitched the delicate dress I wore up around my waist. He kissed me passionately -but softly- and I could tell he was straining not to hurt me. Unable to move, I watched as he stripped himself of the remnants of his clothes and positioned himself.

"Please, don't do this Wolfe." I pleaded him. "I'm scared." I said nervously. His red eyes closed slowly.

"Please forgive me for this, Red." he begged me. He moved into me, and I gritted my teeth against the pain. Once he'd broken through, he grunted.

"I love you, Red. Please forgive me." he whispered into my ear, his voice strained. I whimpered in pain. He started to move, and I felt like he was going to rip me in half. He kissed me long and hard, like he was trying to erase the memory of the pain. His body was warm against my own bone-chilled body. He started moving faster and harder, pushing deep. I arched against him, my legs wrapping around his waist, instinctively holding on for the wild ride. My back dug into the hard ground. I wrapped my arms around his neck, my face buried in the nape of his throat. I tunneled my fingers through his silky-smooth, dark hair.

"I have to... mark you as mine." he whispered, his hot breath tickling my ear. The only response I could give was a whimper. A prick, then a burning sensation at my neck made me cry out. He latched onto my neck, his blood-red eyes glowing frightfully. I felt something coming, and I could tell it would be big. I clenched my eyes shut and let out a moan. Wolfe pulled out all the way, and then thrust all the way back into me, driving me another inch into the ground. My cape was already soaked with dew. We tumbled off the edge into oblivion. I arched my back from the intense feeling of euphoria. I fell back, whimpering. Wolfe pulled back from my neck, and his eyes still glowed red. Blood -my blood- dripped from his mouth. He let out a howl of delight, and dominance.

"You are mine now, Red. I won't let anyone else touch you. I've claimed you as my mate." he said, his red eyes boring into mine.

Then I opened my eyes.

*****************************************

Hi, it's me. I won't be doing A/Ns on separate chapters anymore, I'll just get confused with how many chapters there are so far. I thought maybe this song would go well with the chapter. Feel free to comment on the story. Thank you guys for over 100 reads! (my original goal was 500 reads by 5th chapter) but thanks for the reads anyways! Hope you like this chapter. i worked on it all day. I usually don't write stuff that's in this chapter, but I thought I'd try to add some drama and maybe mix it up a bit. If you want to ask about the story, if it confuses you, just message me, and I'll explain it to you. No spoilers though! Enjoy.

-R-(my author's signature)