Chapter 6: Red Riding Hood

(The video, if you click on the youtube tab, it shows a song from the movie they're watching. There is also an external link to a playlist of all the songs from the movie. All rights reserved. :P)(P.s. If you haven't seen Red Riding Hood, do not read this chapter, or do at your own risk. There may be spoiler alerts. I warned you!)

******************************************************************************

"Hey," I said, thinking of something interesting. "Do you wanna watch a movie?... I dunno... Just bored." I added. He smiled. He took my hand in his and led me downstairs. My face was burning bright red with embarrassment, but I didn't care. Wolfe had made up with me. I blushed even harder when I remembered the kiss. I sat down on the couch and patted the spot next to me. Wolfe looked at me funny. I sighed and pulled him down by the arm. He sat next to me, and I clicked onto Netflix. I scrolled through the movies, and after him shaking his head to a couple (Consisting of gooey movies like The Lucky One, Titanic, 50 First Dates, stuff like that.), we settled on one of my favorite horror movies; Red Riding Hood. I turned to look at Wolfe. His expression was confused for a moment, then he seemed to get it. He smiled at me wolfishly. I started the movie.

An hour and a half later... (le time skip)

Wolfe had put his arm around me, not to comfort me during the movie (which I had seen many times before), but to reassure himself I was still there, it seemed. My favorite scene of all, when Valerie (played by Amanda Seyfried) kissed Peter (played by Shiloh Fernandez). I looked over to Wolfe, who was watching the movie with rapt attention. I snuggled in deeper into his body, savoring the warmth and security of being in his arms. My ear pressed against his chest, I heard his pounding heartbeat. It soothed me like a metronome to an insomniac. I breathed slowly, and quietly, so I wouldn't disturb Wolfe's distraction. Unable to help myself, I started crying. Wolfe -who'd finally figured out how to work the Netflix remote- paused the movie and looked down at me, worry crossing his eyes.

"What's wrong, Red?" he asked me, seeing the tears streaming down my face. I sniffed, and laughed nervously.

"This movie's so sad," I explained. "All she ever wanted was to be happy, and now..." I sobbed. I couldn't help myself. The movie made me emotional. Wolfe held me in his arms, gently shushing me to stop me from crying. It was quiet for a few moments. All I could hear was Wolfe's heart beat and his steady, deep breaths. My face pressed against his chest, I inhaled the scent of pine, which lingered on his clothes. Outside, I heard the soft pattering of rain. We'd been so focused on the movie, we didn't even realize it had started raining. Or that it had gotten pretty dark out, I noted. I glanced at the clock. 9:00 p.m.

"Holy crap!" I whispered loudly in surprise. I looked at Wolfe. He was smiling and shaking his head.

"What's wrong?" I asked him. He gave me a look like I'd just asked him something stupid.

"Nothing." he replied nonchalantly. I scowled, hoping I didn't look like a hooked fish. He laughed, and poked me in the nose, like a little kid. In the dim light of the living room, his sharp teeth glinted. I raised my hand to his mouth and touched one of them. He growled -much like a dog about to attack- and he gripped my wrist tightly. He tugged my hand away from his mouth and released my wrist. It had a faint hand print. I gave him a look of confusion. He growled again.

"Careful. I bite." he said, warning in his voice. I swallowed the lump in my throat. My heart was pounding, and something in my gut told me something was wrong. He just sighed, instead of lunging at me like I'd imagined, and pulled me on top of him as he laid down on the couch. He smiled, and lifted his head to kiss me on the lips, then pulling away. In the brief contact of our lips, I felt a spark. I reached for the blanket hung over the back of the couch and pulled it over us. I smiled at him, and ducked my head down quickly to sneak another kiss.

"I'm tired. Let's just stay here." I said to him quietly.

"Sure, Red." he replied. I smiled at him. He smiled back, and closed his forest-green eyes. I snuggled in closer to his body, taking in the warmth. I fell asleep within minutes. That night, my dreams were filled with the visions of a red cloaked girl and a big bad wolf.