Chapter 1

"Oh mom, why do I have to get a bath?!" I screech.
"Because, you need to get clean!" she said as she shifted into her horse and carefully grabbed me with her teeth.
"I wish I could shift like you and daddy." I pouted.
"One day you will," my mother said.

I suddenly let out a loud screech of pain. I fell to the ground spazzing. The pain spread all over, until it suddenly stopped. I looked down at myself, I had shifted into a dappled gray horse.
"Yay!" I said as I tried out my new horse legs.
0~O~0
I shook my head, trying to rid of the memory. "Stop thinking about that Josh, it was ten years ago," I told myself, as I stood in the paddock. Two days after that we were captured, and our living hell started. I hobbled over to the fence, and called out to no one. You see, I am a reject.

Why? you may ask. My leg was permanently damaged in the fight, and now none of the wolf shifters want me. Alas, I have to compete in the Stallion Wars, so they kept me. What are the Stallion Wars? It's a cruel and sick joke the wolf shifters came up with. It's like the Hunger Games except the prize is your life and you get to be the next top breeding stallion in this hell hole. Pssh, Like I want to impregnate a mare that isn't mine.

Well, the inevitable must happen, my birthday is tomorrow, and I will be entered in the Wars. I gaze into the other pasture, where my mother is kept. And no, they killed my father. You see, the pain of having your mate being bred by someone else is hard enough, some mares even die, but my mother is no longer my mother. Her eyes are glazed over, she doesn't speak, and just eats and drinks when she has to.

I'm sure I'll put some mare through that same shit, and then she has a foal, then the wolf shifters strip it from her, and I'll impregnate her again. I looked over as I heard the familiar "Huuuaapp!" that meant we were being sorted again. "Well here we go," I thought.