Chapter 4

Wait?What!, I asked Argo.
Mate! She is our mate!
No, she can't be!
Help! Mate is scared!
No! We can't, I told him.

Suddenly he took over and started to buck and kick around. The boy shrieked and let go of the lead rope, and Argo jumped the fence. He let me have control once again.
The mare looked horrified.
"I-I sorry, my horse he-"
"It's ok, what's your name?"
"It's Joshua, but you can call me Josh."
"I'm Emaline, but my parents called me Emily."

Suddenly something pulled me off my feet. I looked behind me and there was the wolves' Alpha, holding a rope that he had thrown over my neck.
"I thought I told you to hold onto that horse boy!" he barked at the boy that was holding me before Argo went crazy.
"I-I did but he went crazy and his eyes- they changed color!"
"Of course they did! That's what happens when a stallion sees a mare! Maybe I should tell your father-"
"No please! I'll hold onto him! Promise!"

The Alpha led me out of the pen and handed the rope to the boy.
"Now take him back inside and don't ever lose him again!"
I was led inside and locked back inside my stall.
"Come on boy! You just had to jump inside! And you even have a bad leg!", the boy said to me. I walked over to my feed bucket and ate my grain.
o~0~o
It was late at night when the sound of hooves in the isle woke me up. I stuck my head over the door just in time to see a horse put in the stall next to me. I stuck my head over the bars to see who it was.
"Hello?"
The horse shied.
"I'm not going to hurt you."
"Joshua is that you?"
"Emaline?!"
"Yea it's me!"

"What are you doing inside the stallion barn?"
"I don't know something about everyone getting to see their prize? What does that even mean?!"
"Oh no."
"What?"
"Do you not know?", I was worried. Did she really not know?
"Know about what?"
"That you are...the..um"
"That I'm a prize for all the stallions?"

"Um yeah."
"Yeah I know."
Argo decided to break the awkwardness, Tell her!
"Has your horse told you-"
"My horse? What in the world are you talking about?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know what you guys are thinking, Where in the hell were you?!?! I'm sorry really I promise that I will keep writing this book no more leaving for months at a time.
Horse Crazy out
🐎🐎🐎🐎🐎🐎🐎🐎🐎🐎