CHAPTER 1

Chapter 1

Yvette Sanchez Pov

"Home sweet home." I squealed with excitement as i stepped inside our mansion. I missed being here. I was so glad to be back home. Well, you can also say i have been the happiest girl in the world for a past week. Guess?

"My goodness Yvette. You are back." Nanny Marie rushed towards me as she came out from the kitchen.

"Oh Nanny Marie." I engulfed her into a tight hug. I missed her so much. She pinched my cheeks playfully.

"We missed you a lot. Why didn't you say you are coming?" She asked confused.

"Surprise." I teased her. She smiled shaking her head amused.

She called the other maids and they helped to take my luggage from the driver up to my room. I made a few stories with Nanny Marie about my trip.

"Where is my mom and dad?" I asked her out of curiosity.

"The usual. Your dad is at work and your mom is busy at the foundation. I heard she is hosting a ball soon." I rolled my eyes. The same old routine what's new?

"Great." I replied and sipped my wine. Nanny Marie chuckled at my reaction as she continued to cut her veggies on the kitchen island. Her dishes were heaven. She taught me how to cook some dishes.

"That must be good." I told her referring to the food she was making. She chuckled.

I was walking from upstairs after freshening up when i saw my mom entering the main entrance door. She was back from work.

"Mom." I squealed as i walked down the stairs to meet her. She glanced up at me and she was so surprised to see me.

"Yvette?" She asked with a surprise smile on her face.

"The one and only." We hugged each other the moment i reached down.

She pulled back to look at me.

"Omg. I can't believe you are home. This one hell of a surprise. Your father will be shocked to death." She teased and we ended up laughing.

"How is Australia?" She asked once we settled at the living room.

"Great mom." I said excitedly. She eyed me suspiciously.

"Great?" She asked for confirmation.

"Mom, come on. It's really great." I held her hand convising her.

"If you say so." She replied.

We made some stories. She asked a lot about trip and all. Before we know it dad was home. He couldn't believe that i came home by surprise.

"You indeed surprised us." Dad said. I just smiled.

We were having dinner as a family just us three. It has always been that way.

I am the only child. And most people tame me as a rich spoiled brat. But they actually don't know how hard i work to please my dad. He is a very harsh and strict man.

"How did your training go? I hope you learned something. Remember you are to handle a project soon. I hope you didn't waste time having fun." I rolled my eyes.

"Gerald." My mom warned him.

"Dad" i added too. He looked at each of us and smirked.

"Of course l learned something dad. You don't have to worry about that. Well, actually I have some news to tell you all that is why I came here as soon as I could.

"And what's this good news that seems couldn't wait?". He asked curiously. I heaved a deep breathe before announcing.

"I'm engaged." I raised up my hand showing them my ring.