F I F T E E N

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

Calix was transfixed.

He knew Scarlett loved her job and was passionate about it but seeing her in action unlocked a whole new perspective into her as a person.

He had returned from Greece late Monday afternoon but unfortunately just missed Scarlett who had flown to California to represent someone. Now that the case had closed she had flown back. But before he could even see her she had to be in court once again for another trial.

That's how he found himself watching her debate with another lawyer. Her replies were always quick and well thought out like she had thought about every possible scenario and question and knew exactly how to answer each one of them. Calix noticed how the opposing lawyer was getting irritated at how Scarlett was clearly winning but even from him Calix could see the respect.

Everyone was transfixed with her, how she held herself with poise and grace but at the same time was able to completely demolish her opposition.

It was no surprise when Scarlett ended up at the top of the trial and even though Calix knew Scarlett had won a million of these he could see her eyes brought from all the way across the room like it was the first time she had ever won. This just proved that she poured the same amount of time and effort into every case and it was what was making her New York's top attorney.

Calix waited at the back watching her client thank her with tears in his eyes. She had a couple short conversations with a couple other people. A smile lifted onto Scarlett's face as she walked towards Calix and that made his heart start racing. She looked just as beautiful as she always did, a brown suit adorned her figure, a white shirt hiding under it. Her hair was tied up making her facial features stand out even more than they did on a regular basis.

 Her hair was tied up making her facial features stand out even more than they did on a regular basis

"Hey." Scarlett whispered to him once she was close enough to him.

"Hi." Calix whispered back, a smile rising at the corners of his mouth. The courtroom was now clearing out quickly so they kept their voices down so their conversation wouldn't echo around the room allowing everyone to hear their exchange. "You want to get out of here?"

"Please." Scarlett breathed out and it was then Calix could hear the exhaustion in her voice. She hadn't shown an ounce of weakness minutes before standing before a couple hundred people defending someone's integrity but she had felt comfortable enough to let her guard down before him and Calix Theodore Radcliff was truly honoured.