"Alfie's going to kill you."

The sun was just past its peak when Ivy sat up, feeling her face warm from the rays of sunshine. She looked down at Tommy. His forehead shined with sweat, his eyes still closed, arms behind his head acting as a pillow.

"I'm surprised you haven't bothered me to get back to the house," she said, leaning back on her hands, admiring the view, endless rolling hills that seemed to glow under the yellow light.

"I'm doing as you suggested. Taking a day off work."

"And how's that going for you? Itching to get back to your endless line of calls?"

Tommy's lip twitched up. "I've had worse days."

Ivy rolled her eyes. "Stop pretending this isn't one of the best days you've had in months."

Tommy said nothing, but she didn't mind, used to their conversation coming to a blunt end.

"Can you teach me how to shoot?" She asked.

"Not a chance."

"For fuck's sake..." she muttered. "I know Alfie is protective, but what's your reason?"

"I'm not teaching you how to kill me."

Ivy wanted to pull her hair out, internally screaming at the idiocy of him.

"I heard you were an intelligent man, so I beg you quit being so fucking stupid."

"I'm stupid for not giving my prisoner a weapon?"

"I'm hardly a prisoner now, am I? See me more.... as a guest."

"A guest who cannot leave her room without a guard."

"Yes - a guest you're cautious of."

Tommy's eyes were still closed when he reached for his cigarettes, his body working on instinct as he took one out of its case and placed it between his lips.

"Did you ever wonder how my mother learnt I was so talented at the piano?"

"She heard you play?" his hand waved with his dismissive tone.

"I was good with my hands." She lowered her head to his, her mouth beside his ear. "I was a little thief, took anything and everything I ever wanted without getting caught." Tommy peeked an eye open to look at her. She gave a devilish grin and stood up quickly, hand out, displaying his gun to him. "You're very relaxed to be around someone who could kill you."

Tommy flew up, his hands searching for his gun, unsure if she actually stole his. When he realised she had, he jumped to his feet.

"Give it," he commanded.

"Nope." She shook her head and put it behind her back, still smiling like it was some game.

Tommy put his hand out. "Give it."

"Nope."

"I'm being fucking serious."

"I know you are. I'll give it back once you teach me."

He stepped forward, and she mirrored him, stepping away. "Ivy," he growled, and that only fueled her more, feeling a heat between her legs.

"Please."

"No," he finally caught up to her, wrapping his arms around, aiming to take back his gun.

"Come on Tommy, one shot, and then I'll give it back and never touch it again." Tommy stopped fighting, looking down at her. They were close, their bodies touching, his breath hitting her cheek. "I just want you to trust me like I trust you."

"And why do you need to trust me?"

"I need to trust that I will make it out of this alive, because that's all down to you."