Our Maybe

Hey hey! Your girl is back with a new chapter

I know I say this like every time but I'm not quite sure about this chapter. It's not the best but hopefully you guys still like it. (Don't come at me besties, I'm just a maladaptive daydreamer and I'm not so strong on the execution side of things 😂)

Like always, feel free to comment as much as you want! I love when you guys comment on random bits of the story, y'all are hilarious!

Anyways, enjoy!

****
Chapter Vibe Song ~ Freaks by Dr Meaker, Cappo D and Sharlene Hector

****

It's weird. Growing up, the boys have never really fought with each other. I mean, play fighting yeah, constantly, and they bicker or argue but it's almost always been resolved quickly and ends in laughter. They've never seemed to be able to stay angry at each other for too long.

Now though...

I don't know what the heck is going on.

No, wait, scratch that. I know what's changed-Maverick and I.

I guess we thought we were being subtle, and maybe we are, but the others have definitely picked up on something. It's just little things I've noticed, like snide comments they've made to each other, or the way they pull me out of Maverick's arms just a little more forcefully than they normally would. Luke more so than the other two, but I've noticed changes in them too. Maybe they don't even know they're doing it themselves, but I know, and I'm pretty sure that the longer this goes on, the bigger the fallout is going to be when they finally confront each other over it.

And I'm not the only one who has noticed.

"Enough!" Luke's mum, Nicole, shouts as she forces herself between Maverick and Luke where they are standing toe to toe, glaring at each other. I literally don't have a clue what the hell they even started arguing about. It was like they just needed any excuse to get at one another.

(^Nicole)

(^Nicole)

"He started it!" Luke shouts back, shoving Mav with his palms on his chest. Nicki just rolls her eyes and glares at Luke whilst Evan, Finn and I share a worried look.

"Wow, son. Could you be any more of a child?" She asks sarcastically, not giving him a chance to answer before saying "If you're going to act like idiots and fight, then get out of my house."

She pushes them both towards the French windows that lead out into the back yard. They look confused to say the least, like they were expecting her to shout at them some more or tell them to stop altogether.

"All of you, out. Go talk through whatever it is, outside." She pushes the two dumbstruck boys out the door and the rest of us go to follow, looking at each other awkwardly.