26

nina's pov:

"knock knock!" i hear ricky say as he slowly opens the door leading into our treehouse.

we have had a lot of memories in here. like when we used to have sleepovers before i turned sick and had to leave to live with my dad and before his parents divorce, good times...

"no boys allowed, unless your name is richard michael bowen!" i tell him as he walks in, sticking his tongue out at me.

"so, it's been a while since we have been in here, right?"

"mhm, like the last time we properly came in here was 2009, gosh that was ages ago!"

"but nothing has changed, we are still ricky and nini!"

"are we though?" i ask him.

"nini, what do you mean?"

"i um, i guess the reason i wanted you to come is so we could talk about feelings and stuff"

"ok, shoot" he says but his face doesn't quite match the words that he's saying.

"did i say or do something wrong? i feel like i did something wrong"

"no, no, nini, you didn't, i just, a lot has been going on at the moment"

"ok, like what? is it to do with me? because i feel like i'm always the problem"

"you're never the problem"

"no, i am!"

"nini, i.."

"why have you ignored me?"

"i haven't.."

"ok, explain why you just seem uninterested when i invited you here?"

"i don't know"

"god, ricky, i must have said something because you're acting strange and oh my god.."

"I LOVE YOU!"

"WHAT?"

"there i said it, i love you so much, i love your smile and even though i don't see it often, it makes me so happy, i love your laugh, i love the way you talk in a british accent when you are excited or nervous about something and most of all, i love every single part about you because you are perfect and incredible"

"i.." i start tearing up at his words, i'm speechless.

"nini, you are my whole world"

"and you are mine" i tell him kissing his lips gently.

-

Two more chapters left ahhh! I'm so sad but thank you for all of the love and support!

Much love

Em <3