Chapter 20: Reconciliation

Ava's POV

Yesterday, I was upset when I overheard her conversation with Mia that she still sees me as her sister, but I understand from her point of view. She's unsure, and she was afraid of ruining our friendship just because we have feelings and later on break up. 

She kept emphasising that she wanted to be by my side forever. That's why she kept sister-zoned me. For all that, it breaks my heart that I will never have her as my partner. I need to focus on myself, do my work, and stop pursuing her when she only wants to be friends with me. 

"Don't push it, Av!" I pointed out to myself. 

The next day, I saw the article about Belle having a boyfriend. I don't know if it's true or not, but when I saw the picture, I couldn't help there's a possibility of her having someone. That must be the reason why she only sees me as her sister.  

I am devastated by the news, but later, I will see her today. "Ughhh, why can't I skip for the day and avoid her? Just why!" I become frustrated. Let's keep smiling like nothing's happening and try to avoid any drama.

...

As I heard Belle explaining herself, I was ashamed of myself for not trusting Belle. What kind of friend am I? Or what even am I? I am so confused, but I am glad my concern about Belle having someone other than me is out of options.

"Why can't we go back to the good old days?" I told myself. I think now I understand why Belle is hesitant to be in a relationship with me because of how awkward it's going to be, especially when we will always be involved with each other at work in the future. 

"I need to talk to her," I am determined to correct our misconceptions. After the interview, I texted Belle to meet me at my condo. Not even a second later, she instantly replied to my chat and agreed to meet me, which felt like she was waiting for me to contact her.  

Five minutes later, Belle came to my condo and straight away cuddled me with sincerity. Even without her saying anything, I could tell she felt guilty for treating me like a fool, with the way her arms wrapped around me like a big soft bear hug. 

The impact of that hug on me could make me forget about what she had done to me and forgive her. Then, she whispered the three words in my ear, "I miss you, Av."

When I heard those words, I squeezed her body even more cause I had been yearning for her to say that. My brain released all sorts of love hormones during our cuddling session, leaving me feeling happy. 

As I was releasing my arms from her, I heard her sob. "Don't cry, sweetheart...I am here now," I said while wiping her tears off her face. 

"I am scared, Ava....that you will leave me... I am afraid of losing you. I am very sorry for my bad behaviour towards you and for not being mindful of your true feelings. I am sorry, Av-" Belle whispered to my ears while steadily embracing my body. 

"Sweetheart, I forgive you already. Let's forget what happened, okay? I am alright now. You don't have to mind me." I comforted her. 

"But-" She spoke something, but I interrupted her into saying something. 

"No buts. Period! If you're still not satisfied with making me feel better, maybe you should do something about it...." I played coy.

"What do you want me to do?" She asked innocently.

I don't know if I should tame her into doing nasty stuff, but I know I must be respectful to her. So, in the end, I only requested her to stay the night. "Deal! Is that going to be enough for you, though?" She questioned me. 

"Anything is good to me as long you're here with me," I told her the truth while giving a wholehearted smile.