Chapter 25: Public declaration

Ava's POV

I heard about Belle's live from Twitter, and I have to do something about it. Why does she keep disowning her feelings, making me feel miserable? I kept giving her love and care, but she just wanted to be a little sister to me. Have I been wrong the whole time?

When I heard her reason, she was mostly afraid we would break up and lose our friendship simultaneously. I don't understand her sometimes. Am I not worth receiving her love? And what's the reason for stopping our shipping? Is this why she acts this way because she's jealous?

I tried not to think about it and went live on Instagram. During my live, I talked about love and friendship together with my sister and her friend. I vent my frustration regarding unrequited love and how unfair people don't give you a chance to fall in love. Then, I sang songs that hinted at my current relationship status right now, which was complicated. Next, I purposely tweet about my situation by sharing a song.

(Ava shared this song)

Then, I saw someone tweeting that Belle kind of indirectly replied to my song and shared this particular song by Jereena Montemayor. I don't know if she's hinting about her current feeling, but if this is true, I am guessing she has some feelings for me.

(Belle shared this song)

I don't even know why I am stressing over this when I will have my concert with the top 10 winners, including Belle. I know that boss intentionally made us have a duet segment because he wanted our relationship to work out.

As I practise, I nervously asked Belle to have a duet with me, and she surprisingly agreed. But nowadays, I don't know why we become awkward having conversations.

Concert day

The performances were executed according to my vision, and the audience appreciated it. Now, the only one left for my final show is my duet with Belle. "Should I make a grand gesture to her? I don't want to give her up just yet. I love her!" I courageously prepared myself to take the challenge.

Before the duet, Belle had her solo and sang her favourite song. Once she finished the song, she momentarily talked with the audience and introduced the next song, which was our duet song, "And for the next song is called more than love and I will sing it with someone special to me who I see as more than a girlfriend," Belle welcomed me to the stage.

As I walked toward the stage, I couldn't help but let some of my tears down as my feelings for her these days grew more profound. During the concert, we did exactly like how we rehearsed except for the last part of the song where I bent my knees. I wanted her to know that I had fallen for her deeply and had nothing to lose anymore because I wanted her to understand that I had made an effort to win her back.

However, as a human, I was still scared of how she reacted and looked down

However, as a human, I was still scared of how she reacted and looked down. Out of curiosity, I forced myself to turn my head up. There I saw her smiling happily for the first time like an angel. The only smile she gave me could make my heart heal, reclaiming a renewed energy for me to return to myself. Not to hide or fight anymore, but rather let the universe decides and do its things.

After the songs finished, we talked like usual, and we had our cute moments when Belle introduced herself as someone special to me. And when she asked the floor manager to turn off the light on the stage, I saw her walking toward me and giving me a big hug.

The hug was perfect for me, as it has the ability to wash off all my tiredness after the concert

The hug was perfect for me, as it has the ability to wash off all my tiredness after the concert. Now, I have become more sure about her true feelings. She likes me, and I couldn't be more wrong than this. Then she said the words, and I was stunned my entire life.

"I like you, daddy~" She whispered seductively to my ears.