going to the mall, i hope i dont fall in love haha || benatar x shy ! reader

pairings: benatar x reader

genre: fluff

warnings: i accidentally self projected on reader so warning for reader having social anxiety ig 😭😭

request: benatar with a shy female s/o??? plz im starved of benatar x reader (i hope my mutuals dont see this)

requested by: spacebobareborn on tumblr

a/n: reader is gender neutral, as i don't gender reader so everyone can read. other than that, i hope this is satisfactory :) also deejay is ur bestie in this sorry i dont make the rules (plot twist: i do make the rules !!) /lh

key:

f/d - favorite drink

f/b - favorite band

f/s - favorite scent

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚:*✧・゚:*✧・゚:*✧・゚:

when deejay invited you to hangout with him and his band you were hesitant to say the least. you never really met his band, besides that one time he introduced you to puff puff, which did not end very well. him calling you a 'hot piece of tail' and then attempting to slap your ass wasn't an ideal first impression.

but he reassured you that he wouldn't let puff harass you this time and it was just going to be a chill day at the mall. you knew he only wanted what was best for you and you had previously expressed your sorrow regarding your lack of friends to him. you still weren't so convinced so he told you that if you decide you feel overwhelmed or just want to leave then you can tell him and he'll make up an excuse to get you out of there.

with that, you decided that there was no harm in trying, so here you are now. staring at the mall from your car as you contemplate texting deejay that you're sick and driving back home so you can crawl back into bed. you furrowed your eyebrows and shook your head. this is ridiculous. it wouldn't kill you to spend a few hours of the day socializing. plus you're already here. you closed your eyes and took a deep breath in and exhaled. you repeated the actions until you didn't feel as nauseous as you did originally and stepped out of the car.

you walked up to the building and stepped inside. your eyes darted around the area before they landed on the familiar face of deejay. you smiled nervously as you made your way over to him. he smiled as he noticed you approaching and gave a friendly wave. "hey, y/n. the rest of the band went to get something to drink from the food court. they should be back in a minute. i told them to get you a f/d, is that fine ?"

you smiled at him, "yeah, thanks."

"thanks for coming, y/n. i know that you don't like going out often but i really wanted you to meet the guys." deejay said, sincerely.

you nervously scratched your cheek, "no, it's fine, don't worry about it. they obviously mean a lot to you and if it would make you happy for me to meet them then i'll be fine. i'll suck it up."

he chuckled as he playfully punched your shoulder, "thanks. you're a real one, y/n."

the two of you made small talk, catching up on anything exciting that happened since you last hung out until his bandmates returned from the food court.

puff grinned at you as he handed you a to-go cup presumably filled with f/d. "hey, y/n, it's nice to see you again." he wiggled his eyebrows at you, causing you to grimace.

deejay shoved him, "puff, what did i tell you ?"

puff sighed dramatically as he kicked the toe of his shoe against the mall's floor, "not to make y/n uncomfortable with my flirting blah blah blah. am i done being lectured now ? can we go ?"