Chapter Two

Teresa's Pov
I wasn't sure how much time had passed sitting with this unknown spirit boy. Still hugging my legs as the wind whisked around us both. Once all the ships had boarded all the spirits off the ship. The boy was holding his hand out with his palm out stretched towards me. "Come on.. We need to go somewhere you can trust me." I peered up at him our eyes locking with one another. I muttered a weak okay placing my hand into his own feeling him help me up off the stairs.

My bottom felt a little numb, the sweat coating my hand while he urged me to follow behind him. My mind just felt all utterly shifted, using both hands to grip at his hand. I suddenly felt weak at my knees feeling them slightly bend and buck landing into the grass suddenly squeezing my eyes tightly.

"I- am I dead... That's the only way someone can enter the spirit world please tell me?" I demanded looking back up at his eyes. A heavy sigh leaving his lips watching as he kneels down in front of me his expression was unreadable for me.

"I can't really say for sure Teresa but you can't stay here. Not like this listen to me closely you have to eat something from this world or other wise you'll disappear." He dug inside his pocket for a moment pulling a small looking red ball of some sorts passing it into my palm holding it in place.

"It won't turn you into a pig, I promise." I held back a tiny smile pressing the ball into my mouth chewing at it, before swallowing it with a gulp. I watched the male hold up his palm for me to press my fingers over them seeing myself wasn't phasing through him like I was before.

"I'm okay." He nodded his head once again at me gently a couple times. My now empty hands grabbed at his warm one's quickly as possible.

"Wait how do you know my name?" I asked him urgently his gaze was shifting all over my facial expressions.

"I'm not very sure myself... I've just known you for a while. My name is Haku and I promise I'm your friend. We haven't had a human here for many many years it's been a while but I can help you, you just have to trust me. If you wanna stay here you have to get a job at the bath house, it's where spirits stay. I'll take you there but I can only do a spell that will last a while to hide your scent." I blinked my eyes the confusion still running through me all of a sudden, I still focused on everything that I could all at once.

"Once passed there. I'm gonna take lead the back towards the stairs and down you'll head down to the boiler room there you'll meet Kamaji he heats the boiler room. You are gonna ask him for a job, even if he refuses. Off will get you to head to the top were Yubaba lives. She can give you work as well. And for now that's all I can do to help you, you got that Teresa?" I nodded at each of his words closely his hands falling back to include around my hands.

"It's just.. Strange Haku, I'm not in any hurry to return back to the normal world. I live all alone can't I stay here for a bit?" I pleaded to him the curiosity getting the very best of me. He stared at me once again like I was the odd one, helping me up off my legs with a quick motion sinking his shoulders back a couple times.

"Wait so you are telling me you were able to enter into the spirit world willingly? Like none of your family is stuck here?" I once again gave him a very quick look of my own.

"I moved out here all on my own.. I'm old enough really.. It's kinda hard to explain but to get here, you go through a train station." I gestured with my hand, he leaned back a little listening to me closely.

"You cross through the train station over the large rocks and you end up here. I suppose staying here over night brings you here." Haku seemed so confused.  A sudden chuckle leaving him in disbelief rubbing  his fingers over the bridge of his exposed nose.

"You get the award for the strangest human I've ever met. But... You can see spirits which should as well be a sign. I think I'll be enjoying your stay come on. You can tell me about yourself the best you can." My body visually relaxed following along side him down the grass path.

"I can see spirits and I'm not originally from Japan but I've visited when I was young and I stare into space."

"Alright quiet for now- you talk a lot."

"I knew your face was one of a asshole."