Chapter 1

A/N : This is my first story on Wattpad. I want to improve my writing so constructive criticism is always welcome. So, if you like it vote and comment! :)

                                               ____________________________________

Chapter 1

“You can’t do this to me!” I yelled.

“Sure I can,” smirked my annoying boss. He was such a pain in the ass. I swear he must be related to Satan somehow or the other. He was pure evil. Larry Stewart, the editor of a magazine called ‘Royalty’, where I used to work, unfortunately. I wanted to hit him on his half – bald head and kick him in his pot – bellied tummy.

“What if I say that I won’t do it?” I inquired, crossing my arms under my chest.

“Then I’ll say, you’re fired,” Larry said, reading the daily newspaper.

“Larry! You won’t do that, will you?” I gasped, and then continued, “I’ve been working here for the past four years!”

“And in those four years you haven’t exactly been, what people would call, useful to me. Your choice, Kat. You either take up this story or you’re fired.”

“Ugh! Fine I’ll do it. Email me the details,” I scoffed and stomped out of the room. This was torture. When I was eighteen and had applied to colleges, I had imagined myself as a successful editor of one of the best magazines in New York by the time I was twenty six. But here I was, suffering in this hellhole. I had also imagined that I would have a boyfriend who would love me and care for me, but no such luck. I had spent four years of my life in this stupid magazine and hadn’t even become editor! And now my boss was threatening to fire me! The gall of that man! I would show him! I would write an amazing story and show him. He could give me whatever assignment he wanted.

      I walked to my cubicle and opened my laptop. And there waiting for me was the e-mail from Larry begging to be opened. I sighed in defeat and opened the e-mail. Written on top, in bold, was “Shades Of Gray”. The rest of the e-mail read:

To : unroyalkat@royalty.com

From : larry_theeditor@royalty.com

Subject : Shades Of Gray

     Haha. I knew you would take this assignment, Kat. You’re so predictable. (This guy infuriated me.) So what I want you to do is, that for the next four months you have to follow a band called “Shades Of Gray”. I’m sure you’ve heard of them. They’re very popular and the lead singer, Kyle Saunders is a very attractive young man. There are two guitarists in this band, Tyler Banks and Kyra Jones who is a very sexy woman. (Ugh, this perverted man made me want to barf!) It also has a drummer Ryan Watson who scares me a bit. The band also has a manager, Brendan Carmichael. He is one of the most sought after managers on the music business. Brendan is also a bit easy on the eyes though he can be a jerk sometimes. He is the only person who put up some sort of resistance to my proposal of having one of my journalists – that would be you – shadow them for four months. He is kind of arrogant and haughty so it would be best if you stayed away from him. He told me that if he ever got a feeling that you were being too nosy or irritating any band members or him, he would scrap our deal and you couldn’t follow them anymore. Which means I wouldn’t have my story. Which means that I would fire you. So moral of the story, stay away from him.