65. Dhruv

A/N: so sorry for the extremely short chapter! :)

***

The water sprayed right in my face, and I closed my eyes and let it hit me. I let it wash over me as I did with Rani's words. It still hadn't fully settled in.

The first thing I thought was whether Rani had gone crazy, too. For both of them to say the exact same tale? No, that can't be it. I shook my head, drops of water splaying from the strands of my damp hair. I braced my hands against the shower wall and looked down.

I refused to believe it.

I refused to contemplate it.

But I did.

As crazy as it sounded, as much as I ignored Rani for the rest of the day for repeating the very same thing that made me feel like an idiot, it made sense. The change in her behaviour. The fact that she was so timid. She could somehow cook. Liked different genres of movies and even read. The whole 'memory loss' thing to explain what neither of them couldn't for a long time.

This was the biggest one of all since it hadn't even shown up on a scan, a thought that had flitted through my mind when Ran—I guess I should say Mouna—had tried to explain. All her answers seemed technical and thought out. Then there was that old man and his appearance and knowledge of both Mouna and Rani and repeating what they both had. Not to mention that he'd disappeared right after.

It couldn't just be a massive coincidence, could it?

A part of me told me not to believe it. The rational part of me.

Then there was that part that fell in love. That part told me to believe.

To fight.

But...the question was, did I want to?