Wandering

I came home from a party at a friend's house. I walked home, alone. I didn't mind it, not one bit, I liked the silence...I wasn't very use to it considering that my house is usually filled with my siblings arguing and mom and dad yelling at them. There was but one problem: it was quiet but a bit too quiet. Surely there must be someone awake at this time besides me, it's only 10 'o clock. I glanced at the houses I passed by as I strolled through a quiet neighborhood. No lights were on, only the dim streetlights. I paused, the streetlights began to flicker, then they went out. Great, it's pitch black. I turned on my phone to provide me with a light source, not good yet it's better than wandering somewhere unknown in the dark.

Someone is calling me, I checked the caller ID and it reads home phone, must be my parents. I picked it up and held it up to my ear and answered, "Hi guys, is everything alri-" I was interrupted by a scream, followed by three more. I recognized them as my father and two brothers. "OHMIGOSH R U GUYS OKAY?! WHAT'S HAPPENING?!" I shouted worriedly in the phone. Then my mother started speaking quietly and rushed, "Christi, you must listen! Someone broke into our house and is-" She stopped. "What's wrong mom? What?!" I said worriedly. She did not answer for a moment, then I heard a gunshot and my mother screaming. After a couple seconds after the gunshot, all I heard was silence...then the line went dead.

I sobbed violently as I jogged blindly through the neighborhood, trying to find out what happened. I see blood covering the pavement ahead of me. I followed it....it led to my house. I walked into my house and saw him. He was a gruesome, scary, ugly man. He had a knife in his hand and smiled at me wickedly, he pinned me to the ground and stabbed me so much I lost count....I was dead after 7.