Horrid Sleepover Mishap

A/N: This story was based on one of Jenna Arend from SevenSuperGirls' recent videos. Check it out on YouTube, it's really cool and sort of scary. The video is labeled Jenna's Scary Story.

Kaylee and her best friend, Ruby were having a sleepover at her house, while Kaylee's parents were out on a dinner date, leaving both besties home alone. They both were currently watching a chick flick because horror movies never ended well for the friends. Last time they watched a horror movie, they couldn't sleep for ten months, no joke, ten months!

Anyways it was super romantic, Kaylee and Ruby were enjoying some of their favorite popcorn when the phone rang. Ruby picked it up "Cassend's Residence." She said, then handed the phone to Kaylee. "Hello?" Kaylee asked the phone user.

"I'm near." uttered the user in a low, creepy voice.

Kaylee was confused so she responded, "what do you mean, you're near? Near where?" The line went dead, so she hung up.

Kaylee shrugged and sat back down on the couch. They continued watching the movie until the phone rang again.

Kaylee answered, "Hello?"

It was the same voice that answered her, "I'm closer."

"Huh? What do you mean you're closer? To where?" Kaylee answered, confused. The line, once again, went dead.

Ruby eyed her worriedly, as her friend hung up. "They said they're closer." Kaylee said, still confused.

Ruby's eyes widened "Kaylee, I think we should call your mom."

Kaylee shrugged and said "Naw, I'll call the phone operator and ask them to trace the call."

Ruby nodded as Kaylee dialed the number.

"Phone Operator, what can we do for you?"
"We recently had a few strange calls and we'd like to know where they're coming from."
"Alright, we'll put a tap on the line. So if they call again, we'll trace the number to the source and let you know."
"Okay thanks!" Kaylee hanged up.

They continued watching the movie, when the phone ran again.

"I'm here...and I can see you."

"Y-you ca-an s-se-e-e me?" Kaylee stuttered, finally worried. But there was no answer, the line went dead.

"Okay, Ruby, I'm scared now." Kaylee said nervously.

"What'd they say?" Ruby asked.

"They said....they said that they're here and t-that t-they can see us."

"Kaylee! we should've called your parents! They can see us? We better lock the doors." Ruby said, very frightened.

Kaylee and Ruby locked the glass door and peered out, they didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

"I don't see them." Ruby said.

"Me either." Kaylee replied.

The phone ran again, it was the phone operator, thank goodness! They traced the number!

"Hello! This is the phone operator! Lock yourself in a safe room, the police are on their way! We traced the call and found that it's coming right from your house!"

Kaylee hung up and grabbed her best friend by the arm roughly and said, "Come on, Ruby!"

They ran into their parent's bedroom, it was really dark, because they locked themselves in, just as instructed.

"It's dark."

"I know."

"I'm scared."

"Me too."

"Where's the lights?"

"I don't know, I'll turn them on right now."

Kaylee turns on the lights and screams, followed by Ruby. The killer is on the bed, with a phone in his left hand, bloody knife in it's right.