chapter 5

Kats P.O.V

I woke up in Michaels bed the next morning. How do I even fall asleep here? He wasn't next to me though when I looked around. The bathroom door was open so he wasn't in there.

I opened his bedroom door slowly and walked to the stairs. I saw him sleeping on the couch with half his body falling off it. Thankfully it was Saturday, I would die if I missed the bus.

I walked down the stairs and over to to him. I lightly tapped him on the shoulder "Mikey.." I whispered and shook him lightly.

He mumbled something I couldn't understand and pushed my hand off of him. "Mikey" I said again and shook him a little harder.

"Whaaaat?"he groaned not opening his eyes. "Wake up" I whispered giggling at him.

"No" he pouted and turned around. "Please" I begged and tried to turn him back over. He finally laid on his back and opened his eyes. "Good morning, finally" I said as he sat up.

"Morning" he got off the couch and I walked into his kitchen. "I'm hungry" I wait for him to walk into the kitchen.

"Good" he smiled and me and pulled out some cereal and bowls. I sat down at the table and pulled out my phone.

There were a bunch of texts and calls from Carter about where I was. He's so overprotective. I texted him back saying I was at Michael's and id be home soon.

Michael brought me a bowl with the cereal and he just stared at me."What?" asked and he continued to eat.

"Nothing" he smiled but kept staring. "Stop looking at me" I mumbled and ate my own.

"You're just um.." he coughed "sorry" he looked down at his phone and we are in silence.

After we both finished I helped him clean the dishes and his mom walked out.

"Kat? You're back again, oh and you've made Michael do the dishes?!" she exclaimed and walked over to Michael. "She's a keeper" I heard her whisper.

"Mom" he said angrily and looked at her but she winked at me and started to make her own breakfast.

"Come on" Michael said and I followed him back to his room. I laid down on his bed and took out my phone as it was buzzing.

"Hello?" I didn't need to check who it was, I knew it would be Carter.

"Good morning" he said "when are you coming back home?" he asked and I wanted to slap him.

"Leave me alone, I don't need to be with you 24/7" I snapped at him and hung up. I threw my phone into his nightstand.

"You alright?" Michael asked and sat next to me. I nodded and I could tell he understood. "Movie?" he asked.

"Yes!" I cheered and he put on some movie. He slowly put his arm around me and I cuddled into his side.

I've only know Michael for 2 days now and I feel this close to him. I think this will turn out amazing.

---
About three hours later we were throwing popcorn at each other and laughing on the floor dying.

"I can't breath!" I screamed while laughing and Michael came over to me.
"I'll tickle you again" he threatened.

"Mikey don't you da-! MICHAEL!" I yelled as he started to tickle me again. He picked me up off the floor and threw me over his shoulder.

I punched his back and he threw me into the bed. I crawled into the corner and tried to hide. It didn't work, but then Michael's phone started ringing.

"Yea?" he answered and sat down onto the bed next to me.

"Really?... oh shit, sorry... okay, yea... okay, bye Cal" and with that he hung up and looked at me.

"I missed band practice.." he said and made a face. I laughed at him and his stupidity. "Nice job Mikey" I pushed his arm playfully.

"Hey!" he yelled and pushed me back. We laughed again and then my phone buzzed.

Mom: have to come home soon, we're unpacking

me: be home soon

I showed Michael the text. "Awh no, I was having fun" he pouted as I was putting in my shoes.

"I have to unpack" I said and he followed my down the stairs and out of his house. I looked at him confused but kept walking.

"I'm walking you home, is that so bad?" he said and I shivered. It got really cold in a matter of a few hours.

Michael didn't even say anything. He just slid off his flannel and put it over my shoulders.

"Thank you" I smiled at him. "You thank me too much" he said and laughed. I poked his chest and kept walking.

When we got to my house I pulled of the flannel and handed it back to him. "I'll text you?" he said taking it back and walking away.

"Yeah" I smiled and he did too then I walked into my house.

"Kat..." Carter said with a death glare as he was bringing boxes to his room.

Here we go again.