chapter 10

Michael's P.O.V

I kept Kat tucked under my arm as she fell asleep. I didn't really care much for the movie so just went on Twitter. In the middle of scrolling Carter texted me.

Carter: hey, I know she has to be with you, she doing okay?

me: yea, she's sleeping, don't worry

Carter: okay, take care of her, this is hard for her

me: of course

He didn't answer after that so I went back on Twitter. I felt Kat move beside me and laid an arm over my stomach.

I laughed quietly and turned my phone off. I set it down and unrestored face Kat. I wrapped both rams around her and put my chin on the top of her head and drifted off to sleep.

----

I woke up later on laying in my back with Kats head on my chest. She was quiet while she played on her phone. "Hey" I said sitting up once she lifted her head.

"Someone was tired" she mumbled wrapping herself in my jacket. "Shush" I put a finger over her mouth. "You feeling better" I asked getting my phone and checking the time. 12:27 pm, having slept about 2-3 hours.

"Yea" she mumbled "thank you" she smiled at me. "Of course" I hugged her tightly and got out of the bed.

I felt my stomach growl "come on, were getting pizza" I held out my hand for Kat as she climbed out of bed.

"I'm still in my pajamas" she laugh lightly looking down at herself. I walked to my drawer and took out a pair of clean sweat pants. I tossed then to her "take this."

"Thanks" she said walking towards my bathroom. While she was gone I put on a pair of grey sweat pants. She opened the door as I was putting on a new shirt.

"Sorry" she said turning around. "It's fine" I said laughing and opened my bedroom door walking out with her following.

We walked down the stairs and too the front door where I out on my shoes. I looked over at Kat who was barefoot. "You didn't bring shoes?" I asked looking down at her.

"No, I just ran out" she said laughing and looking at her feet. "Your pants and jacket are very big on me, I doubt that your shoes will fit" she laughed again.

"Is that a fat joke?" I laughed walking over to my moms room. I knocked on her door "mom? What size shoe are you?"

"8, why?" she opened the door."Kat doesn't have shoes" I said then looked at Kat, "is 8 good?" I asked.

She nodded and mom got some socks and a pair of plain black sneakers. I handed them to Kat and she put them on the. I grabbed my keys and walked outside.

"Wait a second, you have your own car?" Kat asked as I opened the passenger side door for her. I laughed at her enthusiasm. "Yes" I said getting in the driver side and putting in my key.

She nodded her head looking around and buckling. I pulled out of the driveway and started down the street.

After passing a few blocks, getting closet to pizza, Kat screamed out of nowhere and ducked down. I slammed on the breaks, lucky there was no one behind me.

"KAT?!" I screamed as she looked out the window from the floor. "Keep driving, please keep going" she begged getting back up as I drove off.

"What the fuck just happened" I ask pulling into the parking lot. "I saw James" she mumbled looking away.

"You don't have to be scared Kat, I won't let him hurt you, and you've got enough sass to defend yourself anyway" I said with a light laugh and hugged her.

"Come on I'm hungry" I opened my door as she did the same and we walked into the pizza place.

----

After hours of pizza, talking, and extreme laughter with Kat, my sides were killing me. I was glad I could take Kats mind off of what happened, and also because Carter hasn't texts her worrying where she is.

"How long have we been here?" Kat asked after she stopped laughing. I looked at my phone, 4pm. "About four hours, you want to go do something or um of you don't want we could um just hang of uh I don't kn-" I said as she cut me off.

"I would love to" she smiled and I did too, blushing a little. "Good" I laughed and got up with Kat walking to my car. We got in and drove back down the same route we took, twisting and turning down all the streets.

We started to go pass the park when Kat screamed "stop!" looking out the window. I pulled over pressing on the brakes. "What's is it this time?" I asked trying to see what she was looking at.

"Is that Carter?" she asked pointing to a brown haired kid sitting on a bench with a blonde haired girl. Their backs were towards us as Kat crept out if the car.

"Where are you going?!" I whisper screamed at her as she shushed me and motioned for me to follow. I pulled out the keys and got out following her sneaky quiet moves.

Once we got a few feet closer I could hear what they were saying. I grabbed Kat and stopped her. "Listen" I mouthed as the voice continued.

"...ust moved here, it's pretty nice I guess" he said and I could tell it was Carter. Kat couldn't handle it and jumped forward onto him from behind the bench.

"What the fuck" both he and the girl shouted at Kat as she held on. I tried to take her off but she wouldn't budge.

- - -
A/N

Hey! If you've made it this far in my story, how do you like it? Thanks for reading :)