10 | Trouble

"Anything...juicy over there?" Robin queried. Nancy looked at the next page, huffing. "Nothing new." she huffed, Robin agreeing. Victor seemed like a normal guy. Dead family, missing eyes, took a plea deal, sent to Pennhurst." Robin read out, Nancy losing hope. "What are we looking for exactly? Any mention of dark wizards or alternate dimensions? Things in that vein?" Robin asked. "I don't know. Okay? It's starting to seem like this was just a big waste of time and you're obviously bored so why don't you just call Steve? I'm sure he'll come pick you up and I mean, I'm not really in danger here, so..." Nancy finished, walking off. Robin followed, standing behind Nancy once she had found her. "You do know that Steve and I are like, totally not a thing, right?" Robin mentioned, Nancy looking at like she was crazy. "What?" she responded. "So, I figure you and Jonathon are still going strong 'cause you guys are going to college together and you're like one of those unstoppable power couples, but I... I just, I wanted to make sure that you knew...that Steve and I are just friends. Like, platonic with a capital P." she sighed, Nancy nodding. "Just in case that's adding any tension between us." Robin added, not knowing what else to do. "It wasn't." Nancy responded bluntly.

"Holy shit, The weekly watcher. I can't believe they have this." Robin commented, picking it up and looking at it. "Don't they write about, like, bigfoot and UFOs?" she questioned, now more calmed and less agitated. "First, UFOs are absolutely real. Bigfoot, I'm still on the fence about. But may I remind you, we are looking for information on dark wizards? If someone's gonna write about that, it's gonna be these weirdos." Robin finished, Nancy nodding. She placed it in and waited for it to load. "Ah. 'Elvis cloned by aliens.'" she joked, ignoring Robins comment of 'you never know.'. Robin carried on looking through, reading through the pages. "'Victor Creel claims vengeful demon killed family. The murder that shocked a small community.'" Robin read out, Nancy rolling her eyes as she searched through more stuff. "Ha, ha. Very funny." she said sarcastically. "I'm not kidding. Get over here." Robin confessed, Nancy walking over. "According to several insiders, Victor believed his house was haunted by an ancient demon. Victor allegedly hired a priest to exorcise the demon from his home. Victor claimed this exorcism failed, but it angered this demon, which then murdered his family, removing their eyes. Victor believed he was spared as a punishment." Robin read, connecting the dots in her head. "That's pretty convenient for victor." Nancy commented as Robin stopped her. "Yeah, or super inconvenient. Victor was declared legally insane by the court, right? What if this is why? I mean it sounds insane. Just didn't go public because..." Robin paused. "The plea bargain. the records were sealed." Nancy finished. "What if a demon did invade Victor's home? It's just, this demon wasn't any old demon." Robin suggested.

"It was Vecna."

----------------------

"Dustin, do you copy?" Robin asked, talking into the spare walkie talkie and heading towards the car. "Yeah, I copy." Dustin replied instantly, everyone listening to the conversation. "So, Nancy's a genius, Vecna's first victims date back all the way to 1959. Her shot in the dark was a bull's-eye. " Robin rambled, Dustin nodding. The group walked through the schools dark hallways, finding their way to Ms Kelley's office. "Okay, that's totally bonkers, but I can't really talk right now." Dustin said, watching the others. "Wait, what are you doing?" Robin asked, getting in the car. "Breaking and entering school to retrieve confidential and extremely person files." Y/n commented. "Can you repeat that?" Robin asked, confused as she received static. "Just get your ass over here, stat. We'll explain everything." Steve said, taking the walkie talkie. Nancy sighed and face palmed. "I thought they were talking to Ms. Kelley. We leave them alone for two hours!" the girls huffed before Nancy started the car up.

Max unlocked the door, stepping in with the others behind and went straight the cabinet. "Holy shit." Max commented, y/n walking over. "You found it?" they asked, unable to stand still. Their anxiety was running high, not wanting to get caught in school, worried for their friends and on top of that, worried about Eddie getting caught now they knew Jason was after him. "Yeah, and not just Chrissy's file. Fred was seeing Ms. Kelley too." Max stated, sitting down in the chair and looking at the papers.

-----------------

Max walked out of the office, looking down both sides of the flashlight as she heard the noise again. Another chime. She took small steps, walking towards the direction of where the ticking was coming from, almost as if with every step she'd take, the noise purposely got louder. She looked down the hallway, shinning her light on a grandfather clock that was stuck in the wall. Another chime. Max cautiously walked closer, not moving the light off of it. Her breathing quickening, heart rate speeding up and hands gone clammy. Another chime. She was practically right in front of it now, nothing changing about it as she stared at it, not wanting to move her eyes of it, nor turn around. Another chime.

"Max."