Protecting Hope and Wisdom [ Chapter 7 ]

Hey guys, AB here. A new chapter. I hope you enjoy. Ah, I was thinking if I should tell you before-handed that a certain chapter contains death of a character so that you are mentally prepared, or if I should not spoil you. Tell me...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

8 : 15 p.m. [ Conference Hall { Day-0 } ]

Tanjiro and Kanao were sitting side by side, star-gazing. They'd already apologized to each other and were opening up a bit, but Tanjiro was keeping that personal distance. Kanao asked Tanjiro a random question...

Kanao : Tanjiro, who are the people whom you consider close to you ?

Tanjiro : That's so random.

Kanao : Just answer.

Tanjiro : Okay, let's see. Nezuko, Zenitsu and Inosuke, I guess... Yep, only three.

Kanao : 'What a loner.'

Kanao : What will you do if any one of these three d-

Tanjiro : Shut up. What's up with the sad talk ?

Kanao : Then, what will you do if anyone of others in this room die ?

Tanjiro : Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I couldn't care less about what happens to others.

Kanao : You are so mean. Even me ?

Tanjiro : Yeah. Like why should I be worried about you ? 

Kanao : Tch. You are heartless. Leave it, I am sleepy...

Kanao stretched on the chair, a bit and closed her eyes. Tanjiro just rolled his eyes in annoyance. He too was tired after all the hardwork that day. All he could wish that he could survive the other day. He too closed his eyes. In no time, they both fell asleep on the chairs itself.

The next morning...

6 : 15 p.m. { Day-1 } 

The gentle sunlight of the morning Sun disturbs Tanjiro's sleep. He opens his eyes, and sees the window open. He feels something heavy on his lap. He looks down, to find Kanao sleeping peacefully, her head on his lap...

Tanjiro : 'This... It's decided, my day is ruined. I have seen her face so early in the morning. Damn, and how is she resting her head on my lap. Wake up, fool.' 

Tanjiro loudly claps near her ears, suddenly breaking her sleep. She, annoyed, looks up, to find ice-cold eyes of Tanjiro , staring at her. She looks down, and finally realizes the position she was in. She get super-embarrassed. Tanjiro glares at her and holds her by the back of her neck and start shaking her...

Tanjiro : Hey, dumb cow.

Kanao : Ow, ow, ow, ow. Sorry. Sorry. I-I wa-was fast a-a-asleep...

Tanjiro leaves her and she falls down from her chair. He gives a 'victorious-kind-of' smirk and goes to Nezuko. Kanao watches him and covers her face in disbelief and embarrassment.

.

.

.

.