Chapter One

Louis's POV:

"I'm gonna go grab a drink from inside, want anything?" Liam asks as he stands up from beside me.

I look up at him, sun slightly in my eyes, "Thanks, Li, but I'm good."

"I'll be right back then," He says, before turning around and heading inside.

As he disappears inside I rest my head back down on the white lounge chair that I've been sitting on for the last hour, just soaking in the sun and savoring the last fleeting moments of summer at Liam's totally awesome house.

It's moments like this that make me wish things could stay this way forever, because it just all felt so perfect.

Liam and I have been best friends since we were born. Our moms grew up together and they did absolutely everything with one another, so it was no surprise that they ended up having kids around the same time. But what was surprising was that Liam and I were born on the exact same day, only a few minutes apart.

Our parents raised us like we were twins and we were pretty much inseparable to this day. I don't remember a whole lot from before high school, but what I do remember is that no matter what, Liam was always there for me and I was always there for him.

At the age of 7, I remember how Liam got this super cool new bike for Christmas and he let me use it, let's just say it didn't end well. I was in a cast for about 6 weeks after that and Liam bought me ice cream just to apologize, even though it really wasn't his fault I broke my arm.

He's always been there for me—even through some of the darkest times. At age 9, I found out my mom was sick with leukemia and only had a few more years to live. Liam didn't leave my side no matter how upset I got about it through the years.

At age 11, both of us joined the soccer team and together we became an unstoppable duo.

At age 14, I found out I liked guys. I came out to Liam one day as we stood outside in his backyard next to his pool. He didn't really care and said he loved me no matter what, though he did ask me if I had a crush on him which ended up with him being pushed in the pool.

At age 16, I said goodbye to my mom. She lost her battle with cancer and left me devastated. Besides Liam, she was my favorite person to be around. She taught me everything I knew and seeing her go left a hole in my heart. Liam stayed by my side through it all and never once let the darkness overtake me.

He's my best friend, forever and always, just like our moms were, and nothing could tear us apart. Nope, nothing at all.