Chapter Six

It was after the pot shattered to the floor Grace had let her posture finally move from its statue position, and her shocked eyes maul over in embarrassment and anger. God, so much fucking anger. She wouldn't look at me at all, actually she would look everywhere but me.

When that male waiter by the name of Brent came over to see what happened she explained that it had slipped from her grasp, and he just joked saying she had butter fingers but she was not in any kind of humorous mood anymore. That being because of my unwanted appearance.

She left to grab cleaning supplies and Aiden awkwardly stood there with a sheepish look on his face. I almost fucking punched him.

I glared and stormed towards him, being sure to step around the mess. I stopped when I was in hushed tones distance, "Why the fuck didn't you tell me she worked here?" I seethed, quietly so others didn't hear me.

He put his hands up in defense, "She wasn't supposed to be here, I swear. She doesn't come in on Tuesdays I thought we'd be fine." He apologetically defended, but that made me feel no better.

"You should of told me!" I raised my voice, not meaning too before correcting myself my eyes flickering to seated costumers that glanced over. "That was a fucking horror show, mate, did you see the way she looked at me? Fuck." I ran my hands over my face and through my hair in a stressful manner.

He huffed amused, "I'm pretty sure everyone around here saw the way she looked at you, and it wasn't pretty."

I glared at him again, "Not helping."

He made a sheepish face, rubbing the back of his neck. "Right, sorry. Look - I know this wasn't how you pictured seeing her again but maybe this can be good, yeah?" He encouraged with a bright grin, and I just stared at him with a pointed look. His grin ceased, before it faded. "Okay, it's totally not." He admitted. "She's probably going to be on a rampage.." His eyes widens with the realization, "Which means I'm going to be the first one she chews up for bringing you here, so I'm gonna run and hide hoping that she doesn't find me." He decided and was about to walk past me but I grabbed his arm.

"No way, you aren't leaving, besides I'm your ride back, remember?"

He opened his mouth to reply but the firm shutting of a door caught our attention. We both looked over seeing Grace with a mop and supplies bucket in hand moving down behind the bar towards our direction. I gulp dreadingly, and it was obvious Aiden shared that feeling.

"I think I'll take my chances by walking," he murmurs, Grace looks up as she gets closer, and glares at Aiden. "Or running, deffinatley running. Goodluck!" He pats my back briefly with a nervous grin. He ripped his arm from my grasp, jogging out the door and he only stopped once at the window sending me a double thumbs up, while my jaw twitched in anger mouthing I was going to kill him. He obviously didn't find me as scary as Grace when she was mad because he didn't even flinch, bee lining down the sidewalk even after my silent threats. I would of ran out with him but I knew I had to face her now. Things were already on rough waters as it is, me running out like I did in the past wasn't the best option.

Grace didn't look at me once as she came to a halt in front of the glass shards. I wordlessly stepped away from her, to give her room. I cleared my throat awkwardly rubbing the back of my neck uncomfortably not exactly sure how to approach this. Do I leave? Do I try an attempt to talk to her?

She wasn't keen on the talking part since she was so focused on throwing out the glass shards, her gloves on her hands to protect her from the cuts as she shoveled them into the trash can beside her, the mop leaned against the empty table behind her. I stood there uselessly feeling like a complete ass, I cleared my throat again gathering courage to speak.