014.

014.

[ Bonnie & Clyde ]

Two weeks, two weeks of being imprisoned here. Nobody dared checking if she was alive or not, surely because of her dad assuring she was okay and well. But truth was, she wasn't. She looked dull and dreaded the afternoon and evening, in which they could both hear each other's screams of pain due to the punishment of Doctor Martin Brenner.

Ballard despised it all, how equal her father was acting in this, how he openly pursued a delusion of an equality between the both. How emotionless he was to let the flesh of his, the blood of his own, get treated so poorly. He didn't want to think about how she looked, how bruised and reddened by the hits of the minions he hired to guard them up.

Oh, himself, he didn't care. The blond grew used to it, over the years. But to her, it was another business. Nobody dared laying a hand over her silhouette, if he didn't permit it. No one.

So, when she had been dragged again, outside, he feared with the bottom of his empty chest. His mind ignored all types of pain, but the one of her voice breaking.

And that's how it went. Days went by, he didn't see her, days without feeling the warm aura that consisted of her presence. Murmurs ran to his ears, but nothing would contain his wrath and need to know where Billie vanished.

Did he... ? No. He knew Brenner was cruel, he paid the price of it multiple times, but he wouldn't kill his own child. Neither, nor, could, he sends her back home with her mother, considering she'd probably snitch them all to the nearest police station.

Out of fear for him, for the children, to "save" her dad from his madness. But what she wasn't aware of, is that it'd sign them all up to death. To cover it all.

Where was she ?

...

In the dark of a small room in which only a bed, a desk, dresser and small bathroom collided, Billie Brenner she had been reduced to a laboratory rat. She'd sleep, eat, work, and that was it. She even wondered if she'd see the daylight again, or if all the things she had done, combined and in a rather limited timespan, signed her death wish.

Furthermore, she immediately sat on the bed when she heard the door opening, the figure of her father showing up. "You, my office," he coldly ordered.

Since the "accident" Billie and Martin didn't speak to one another outside their encounters. She had been robbed of all her belongings, including the precious notes she wrote down about everything she's known so far, when it came to the lap. Ever since then, Brenner told her strictly, she couldn't leave it any more.

That she was stuck there.

Although, her thoughts always dashed back to Peter Ballard, who, perhaps, didn't have her chance to make it out of the cell. Was he still alive ? How bad was his back ? Was the blond thinking about her, every once in a while.

But any time she'd bring that to the table, Martin would wipe it off and offer the silent treatment.

When they reached their destination, Brenner closed the door behind him and took place in his seat, crossing his hands together. "It's been two weeks you're here, nearly three. How does that feel to be out of the cell ?"

"I never thought my dad would throw me in one."

"Never thought I'd see my kid getting laid with her colleague and throw this place upside down."